🦁9 - Nine🦁 Ron/Hermione

"Hey Mione check what I found."

Hermione looked up from the table. She raised her eyebrow and showed her the leather bound book. I opened it and generally flipped through the pages.

"Is it a journal maybe?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah. Malfoy's. Found it yesterday." I said.

"Ronald! Put it back this instant." Hermione scolded.

"Why? It gives us leverage. Maybe he will stop being such a grit."

"Ron you know this is not right! How could you even think it was smart. We don't have to play by his rules. We just have to be better."

I grunted. "I see the way you look at him 'Mione. I see how he hurts you. Even if you won't admit it. I mean may not be the smartest one, but I'm not blind."

Hermione opened her mouth to protest but wasn't able to get a word out.

"What are you two fighting about now?"

I quickly ducked my hands with the book behind my back. I gave a rather forced smile.

"Oh just someone Hermione likes. Nothing special really Harry." I said.

Harry raised his eyebrow. "So you're not going to tell me?"

Hermione smiled. "Sorry Harry not yet I'm still trying to figure it out."

Harry shrugged. "Okay. Well I need help with the transfiguration essay. After class?"

"Sure, but I'm not giving either of you my answers. Let's go to class." Hermione said.

Harry nodded and turned on his heel. We left the library and were on our way to Charms.

"Ronald give me that book this instant!" Hermione whisper yelled so Harry couldn't hear.

I frowned and all but slammed the book into her hand. I was a bit angry that she couldn't see how this could help us. Never mind that actually, I was angry that she was right. Although, Hermione was always right. Also not to mention the damage I probably would have caused had Hermione not pushed her point. I remember what happened with Ginny in my second year. The damage Tom Riddle's diary caused to Harry's reputation. The difference being that this diary or journal was not enchanted. At least I hoped it wasn't. The thought sent chills up my spine.

...The previous day...

Hermione had sent me to the library for a book. She didn't go because she was basically buried behind a pile of other books and other stuff. I completely forgot where she said I would find it by the time I got there. So I just went looking in the most likely places.

In the corner of the one section a book caught my eye. I found it strange because it was like the odd one out among the others. So I pulled it out and opened to the first page.

Caution: This Journal is Full of Highly Intellectual Information.
Mudbloods keep away! Or be Hexed till kingdom come.

If found Return to: _Draco fucking Malfoy! _

Desires Awake and Wet-Eyes Before the Prince.

An illustration of two men bowing before a third person on a throne was below the last sentence. I could easily tell where information was written in and where the information was printed there.

I noticed there was an added little doodle at the bottom of the page. Only it looked more like some sort of fancy writing, which I figured it most probably was. I was only able to make out two distinct letters, H. J. and a third, which I couldn't make out. It was done very small and just looked like someone had basically scribbled. However knowing Malfoy he wouldn't do such a thing.