🐍16 - Sixteen🦁 Draco/Harry

So I updated the cover of this book for those who haven't seen the old cover see the picture above. I like the new cover so that will be staying permanently. Enjoy the story lovies.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shit had hit the fan. I was panicked and pacing around in a circle. 'What to do. What to do. What to do.' I chanted in my head. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't how things were supposed to turn out. I felt so stupid. How could I have thought any of this would have worked.

I paced until my feet hurt. I sat down for 10 seconds and started pacing again. By this time I had forgotten about the eyes on me. I was in my head trying to figure out how everything went so bat-shit crazy. 'Shit you idiot!' I yelled at myself. Still pacing back and forth. I lost track of time and everything just seemed like an out of body experience.

"Harry! Stop!"

A hand was placed on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and carried on pacing. My mind was louder than usual. Or maybe it had something to do with the shocked silence in the Hall. I wasn't too sure. I just know I probably looked like a mad man.

"Harry! Draco's father won't hurt him."

The imposing voice trying to reason with my panicked state. They had no idea. They didn't realize how horrible this was. I need to fix it. I didn't know how. Then my vision started to get wonky. 'Was I about to faint?' I thought as I took off the glasses I had become accustomed to. My vision cleared immediately.

Then it hit me like a brick wall and I stopped dead in my tracks. Dread, fear, joy, relief. They all washed over me like an unforgiving wave. It was followed by a second wave of panic and I started to pace again.

"Harry you're scaring me."

"I'M NOT HARRY FUCKING POTTER, GRANGER!" I yelled out at her.

The whole school Hall collectively gasped. I cursed myself again for forgetting they were all there and all staring at me. Then I noticed the smalled bit of movement on the Gryffindor table. Fred and George were exchanging Gallons.

I shook my head and looked for some indication of time. Then took out my wand and cast a tempus. I had 5 minutes left of my last dose of polyjuice. What fucking timing and bad luck.

I started to laugh at how insane this whole thing was. My nerves so shot that I couldn't control my emotions. The laughter being the only way to get over the absurdity of the situation.

'Were we really that good at fooling everyone around us?' I questioned myself as the whole Hall stared at me like I had gone mad.

*~*~* (1½ weeks before)*~*~*

"Hey. Out late again?" I smirked.

"I told you about my sleeping issue already."

"Yeah yeah Har. I know that's why I suggested we brew the Dreamless sleep remember." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry Dray. And thank you for that. Best sleep I've had in forever." Harry laughed.

"Well I snuck two more vials for you." I said and handed them to him.

"Thanks Dray. So in just under two weeks we're going to change back. How do you feel about that?" Harry smiled.

I shrugged. "Conflicted. I enjoy spending time with Mione. So I'll miss it, but I'll finally get to talk to her as myself."

Harry laughed. "I know what you mean. Blaise's spell will break the second he sees us change back."

"So we are doing it in front of everyone." I nodded my head slightly.