f o u r

"Mum! Dad!" Lily screamed, running out of Kings Cross Station to greet her parents, her luggage abandoned along with Percy.

Connor Smith chuckled, lifting the girl in his arms, just as he used to when she was younger.

"Welcome home honey." he showered her with kisses before putting her down. She lunged to hug her mom. "Lily?" Olivia Smith asked with a smile.

"Yes?" the girl asked, her head still nested into her mum's coat.

"I think you might have forgotten to fetch your friend and your luggage there." she laughed and Lily broke away abruptly before running all the way back to the amused red head who had been watching by the entrance.

"Sorry." she grinned sheepishly, runnning over and grabbing her luggage and the boy. "Mum, dad, this is Percy Ignatius Weasley." she smiled proudly.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Smith." he said sincerely, shaking both of their hands.

"I could say the same for you Percy." Connor smiled pleasantly, kind of amazed that his wild daughter had made such a calm and mature friend.

"Where's Livvie?" Lily looked around curiously.

"He's at Murphy's. There's no way you could all have fit in along with your luggage." her mother said, opening the trunk of the car.

"Dad has a car just like this." Percy looked around wonderously. "Only, it flies."

"It flies?" Lily asked, her mouth forming an 'o' with shock. "How?"

"Well, he bought a normal muggle car and tinkered around with it a little. Mum doesn't even know. We siblings keep it a secret."

"That's so cool." Lily exclaimed in awe.

"I guess." he said awkwardly. "So does your family have any Christmas traditions?"

"Well, the night before Christmas morning, Murphy, Livvie and I go camping in our backyard in an igloo we make during the break. This time, we'll make an even bigger one so that you can fit in too." her eyes gleamed. "Oh, and day after tomorrow, we all go to town for the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. We all join hands and sing. It's peaceful."

"Sing?" Percy asked, horrified. "I cannot sing."

"They're just Christmas Carols, calm down. If you really don't want to you can just close your eyes and listen to everyone else." she shrugged.

The first thing Lily did when they reached home was grab Percy and run towards the Brown's. The door was opened by Murphy's mother.

"Hi Mrs. Brown!" she greeted cheerfully. "Happy Christmas! Are my brother and Murphy home?"

"Happy Christmas dear." the woman smiled down lovingly. "Oh, and I see you brought a friend. Murphy and Oliver are inside. Wait just a second." she grinned before leaning her head inside and shouting for the two boys to come down.

There was a clatter of footsteps on the staircase after Mrs. Brown left the two red heads by the door, and Oliver Smith and Murphy Brown appeared at the end of the staircase.

"Lily!" Oliver squealed, running and jumping into her arms as she picked him up. "You're home. I've missed you so much!"

"I'm home." she chuckled. "And I've missed you too. Too much for my own good." she put him down before kissing his cheek.

"Don't I get a kiss too?" Murphy pouted playfully before engulfing her into a bear hug as she giggled, and for a moment, Lily felt as if all was right in the world. As if she didn't know that she was a witch, or that her real father was a wizard. She felt as if she were four years old again.