e i g h t

It had been weeks after the infamous duo had had their famous fight. They'd made up, obviously, and the first trial was over as well. Durmstrang was in the lead, Hogwarts second, and Beauxbatons last. Oliver, Percy and Lily were having breakfast on the Gryffindor table. As usual, Percy and Oliver were fighting over Lily's copy of the Daily Prophet while the girl focused on reading letters from home and a place a lot of other students wondered of; Woldingham Boarding School. Percy insisted he had to catch up with the current events while Oliver wanted to check the sports pages. It was a typical Friday morning.

"Excuse me students." Professor McGonagall approached the head of the table. Everyone looked at the woman, and Percy immediately gave up his struggle for the newspaper. "All students, fourth year and above, please assemble in the Gryffindor corridor after breakfast. That is all." she acknowledged before walking away.

"What do you reckon that's about?" Lily asked curiously, before turning back to what looked like Oliver Smith's letter. She had only half been paying attention.

Percy was about to speak when Lily turned around as she felt someone poke her on the shoulder. It was the Durmstrang boy she'd bumped into a few days ago.

"Oh hello." she said, a little taken aback. "Can I help you with something?"

"Hi." the boy flashed her a charming smile and the girl's ears tinged pink. "I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ivor Parslov." he said, extending his hand to the red head as he spoke in carefully crafted English.

"Lily Smith." she shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine." he winked, before lifting her hand up and kissing the top of it. Lily's eyes widened slightly before she slowly pulled it back. From the corner of her eye, she saw an Oliver Wood that was about to burst laughing and a Percy Weasley who had a deep frown etched into his face.

"That's great." she said nervously, patting the boy's shoulders before grabbing her letters and standing up abruptly. "Um, I need to go, our Head of House made an announcement right now, didn't you hear? I'll see you around Ivor." and with that the girl hurriedly walked out of the dining hall.

The Durmstrang boy just stood there, dumbfounded before he turned to the two boys who she had been talking to earlier. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you were awesome." Oliver assured, his face still comical as he grabbed Percy and stood up. "As she said, we need to go to the Gryffindor corridor." he flashed him a quick smile before pulling the other boy out of the dining hall as well. The two ran to catch up with Lily who still looked a little flustered.

"Carrots!" Wood called out and she turned around, spotting them. She stopped, waiting for them to catch up with her. "What was that all about?"

"What was what about?" she asked in a small voice.

"Oh, please. We all know the boy's got the hots for you." Percy scoffed.

"What he said." Oliver agreed.

Lily laughed lightly, shaking her head. "You boys really are stupid, aren't you?" she shook her head, making eye contact with Percy for a split-second before looking away hurriedly. "I mean, don't get me wrong, he was attractive, obviously." she stated, her cheeks going almost as red as her hair, "They all are-"

Before she could continue her sentence, Professor McGonagall appeared out of seemingly nowhere and separated the two from the girl. "Boys to the left," then she turned to Lily, "Girls on the right." with that, she went about sorting all the boys and girls onto two different sides of the corridor before talking about the Yule Ball. Then she asked one of the seventh years to dance with her. It was awkward. And then she urged the students to start dancing as well.