s e v e n

"I knew you'd make it." Lily stated proudly, clapping the back of both the twins. "Welcome to the team you two. You too, Angelina." she smiled at the second year brunette who blushed in response.

"We're going to win this year. I can feel it." Oliver said, determined.

"That's what you say every year Wood." Lily scoffed, "But for once, I actually agree."

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that about half of the team are Weasleys?" Alicia Spinnet burst out laughing. "Honestly, it's comical. Three out of seven."

"What can we say?" one of the twins shrugged.

"Quidditch just runs through our veins." the other completed.

"Not Percy's." Alicia muttered.

Lily immediately came to her friend's defense. "Percy is the smartest Gryffindor I've ever met. I don't recall Merlin playing Quidditch."

"That's because the sport wasn't even invented when he was alive." Charlie said amusedly as everyone continued walking through the bridge, back to the castle.

"Precisely. That's how much he didn't care about exercise." Lily said with a cheeky smile. The redheads burst laughing.

"What's that?" Angeline Johnson asked, pointing at something in the sky. Now that Lily had thought about it, the bridge was a lot more crowded than usual.

"Are those pegasi?" Oliver asked, squinting his eyes as a few dots appeared in the distance, carrying several blue carriages.

"I think so..." Alicia said, a little unsure.

"Look over there!" Lily pointed as a full ship emerged from the waters of the Black Lake.

And then everyone heard Professor McGonagall rushing everyone inside. "Off you go! Inside, everybody, gather into the Great Hall." she said, waving about.

"But Prof-" Lily was cut off.

"You too Lily. Oh, no you don't! Charlie, keep a tab on your younger siblings, will you?" the woman said tiredly as Fred and George shot off in the opposite direction.

"Come on." Oliver grabbed Lily's arm. "Let's go inside. Dumbledore will surely tell us all about it."

And Oliver was right. Because that day, as a curious Lily Smith sat in between Percy Weasley and Oliver Wood, Albus Dumbledore announced the beginning of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Don't you think our school ought to have something too?" Lily frowned as the trio made their way to the common rooms. "The French with their elegant butterflies, the Bulgarians with their fire stick things. All we've got is a corny old school song with a frog choir."

"Right you are." George, (or was it Fred?) popped his head out with his twin on the other end of the three. "Like fireworks. Imagine students entering into the Great Hall with brooms and fireworks." the boy who was supposedly Fred agreed.

"Yeah, good luck having any of the professors agree to that." Percy scoffed, rolling his eyes.

_____

"What're you working on?" Lily asked with a smirk as she slipped into the seat besides Percy. They were supposed to study Defense Against the Dark Arts in the Gryffindor common room. She had finally given in to his persistent nagging.

"Just pondering over the list." Percy muttered, his quill hovering over the lengthy scroll of parchment.

Lily peered over his shoulder. "Get a girlfriend?" she mused. "Why would pompous Percy Weasley need a girlfriend?"