f i v e

"Both of you, get back here, right now!" a very angry Percy yelled as he chased after two red headed twins. Lily watched in amusement as she stood by Charlie.

"I can just tell I'm going to get along with them." she chuckled, turning her attention back to Charlie. "You're in your sixth year now Charlie, how does that feel?" she asked excitedly.

"You know, pretty much the same. I got all O's in my OWLs so mum's happy." he shrugged.

"Have you given a lot of thought about what you're going to do when you leave Hogwarts?" she asked, still watching her best friend chasing after his younger brothers to make them give him back his Herbology textbook, his glasses slightly turning crooked in the process.

"Me? I'm not sure yet. I can't even imagine leaving Hogwarts. Maybe I'll become a Curse-Breaker like Bill, I don't know." he frowned. "By the way, I've been reading about the Ukrainian Ironbelly Dragons, and I have to say, they are absolutely fascinating."

"All dragons are fascinating for you Charles." Lily quipped. "Maybe you could become a dragon trainer, who knows?" she joked before she saw Oliver struggling with his trolley in the distance and waved him over.

Percy finally came back with his book in hand, his hair a mess and his glasses warped.

"They're going to be the death of me." he shook his head regretfully as the other two just laughed at his appearance.

"You," Lily stepped closer to him as she fixed his hair into the standard Percy Weasley side part , "Need to stop being so uptight." she finished, fixing his glasses straight on his face.

"I'm am not uptight." Percy glared lightly. "I just respect the rules. How else am I going to become prefect?" he frowned as she went on to fix his tie.

"Not becoming a prefect isn't the end of the world Perce." she scolded, stepping away once more. "Is it Charlie?" she turned to his brother.

"It is not, dear brother of mine." Charlie cracked a smile. "Okay, I need to go board the train. The prefects have a meeting. I'll meet you both at dinner." he nodded to them before waving and entering the train that they'd already put their trunks in. Oliver finally made it to them.

"Perce! Carrots!" the brunette cried, jumping up to hug them. "It's been so long!"

"Woah Livvie, calm down." Lily laughed. "We've written to each other all summer. Besides, we're third years now. We have to be cool." she whispered the last word.

Oliver snorted. "As if that's going to happen with this pompous arse around." he motioned towards Percy.

Percy gasped. "Both of you are horribly rude." he shook his head, determined.

"Try brutally honest." Oliver muttered.

"Cut it out." Lily frowned, her joking smile vanishing a serious look approached her face. "We're starting this year out on an entirely new slate. No detentions for me, no snarks from Livvie, and no uptightness from Perce."

Both the ginger and the brunette looked at her as if she'd gone crazy.

"No." was all Percy said, before entering the train.

Lily frowned as she helped Oliver take his trunk inside the compartment.

"And why not?"

Percy opened his mouth to speak.

"And don't say it's because you 'respect the rules'." she rolled her eyes. "You know me and Libbie are bound to break them. Mostly me though."

Percy closed his mouth.