t w e l v e

"Oh how I love Halloween." Lily sighed, slightly spinning around in the empty corridor as she made her way to the Great Hall.

"Is it just me or are you in a particularly good mood today?" Terrence asked with a slight smirk.

"It's Halloween! And if anything, you should be even more excited." she looked at him pointedly. "It is your last Hogwarts Halloween this year after all."

"I don't know, I've never been a fan of all the pranks and the dressing up, you know?"

Lily rolled her eyes, deciding to change the topic.

"So how's the seventh year treating you Terry? Excited for the N.E.W.T.s?"

"It depends. Would you say you're 'excited' for the O.W.L.s?"

Lily cracked a smile. "Okay, point noted." They both came to a sudden stop when they heard chattering coming from the hallway they were approaching. "What-"

Just then, four prefects appeared, with two houses right behind them. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.

"Perce?" Lily asked as he approached the two steadfastly. He signalled for one of the other prefects to take over. "What's going on?"

"Quirrel said there's a troll loose in the dungeons. Then he fainted. Oliver and I were searching all over for you." he glanced at Terrence suspiciously.

"We were just on our way to the Hall." Lily frowned. "How did the troll even enter school grounds?"

"I don't know, but we need to get to the common room right now." he grabbed her hand. "Come on."

"What about Terry? Isn't Slytherin House located in the dungeons? " Lily looked at her friend worriedly. "Will you be safe?" she gulped slightly.

"I've been in this school for the last seven years Lil, I think I'll manage not getting myself killed. Bye now." he joked, before winking and heading into the direction of the dungeons.

"Lil? He calls you Lil?" Percy asked with a frown.

"Shut up and do your prefect duty that you've been waiting for since your first day at Hogwarts. I'll be with Livvie." the girl said, ignoring his remark before joining her other friend in the crowd behind Percy. She was in no place to think about whether Percy had been jealous or not. Either way, he didn't have the right to be. He already had a girlfriend.

_____

"A hundred and fifty points?" Percy asked a very scared Ronald Weasley. "What were you even doing wandering the corridors at night? You're only first years!"

Lily rose up to his defence. "Calm down Perce, he's just a child." she said, protectively standing in front of the younger Weasley.

"A child who lost our house one hundred and fifty points."

"In case your memory is failing you, he wasn't the only one. That Granger girl and Potter were with him. I don't see you yelling at them." she glared her lips set in a straight line.

Percy looked spellbound.

"Exactly." she said confidently. "Come on, Ron." she tugged the boy behind her as they left the corridor.

"Are you sure you're one of Percy's friends?" the small boy asked with a slight laugh.

"Quite sure." the ghost of a smile played on Lily's lips. "Percy can be a little... uptight sometimes, but he means well." she smiled.

"So you're not angry at us for losing house points?"

Lily laughed. "Nice try Weasley. I'm not angry, rather upset that all three of you were that irresponsible. People in our house have worked very hard to earn those points you know." she pouted. "Just take better care next time. And if you absolutely have to leave the common room at night, well please make sure you don't get caught." she smiled.