s i x

It was the last game of the season. Gryffindor against Slytherin.

Percy watched in awe as Lily weaved through the Slytherin team gracefully and effortlessly. Quiddicth was second nature to her. They were already an hour into the game and she alone had scored three goals. Out of all the Gryffindors in the stand, Percy was one of the loudest. But the fate of the match still lied with Charlie Weasley and Slytherin's Seeker, Terrence Higgs.

The score was 70-50, in Gryffindor's favour. Lily knew that Marcus Flint had been told to keep an eye and cover her for the entire game. She had barely scored that last hoop without being beaten by a Buldger, and it was getting rather annoying for her.

Sure enough, while Kasey McJaggers caught the Quaffle in her hands, ready to shoot it through one of the Slytherin Hoops, Lily saw another pesky Buldger come her way. She could tell Flint was right behind her, and naturally, she would've dived right out of the way, but then a sudden idea came to mind.

She faintly saw Charlie and Terence racing against each other for the snitch, and she knew that if she could pull it off, it would be enough to distract Higgs, who was coming their way, along with Charlie and the snitch.

Lily didn't even think before she yelled out to Oliver so loudly, it even startled Flint.

"LIVVIE!" she shouted, "CATCH!" and without checking to see if he'd heard her, she lifted her feet off the broom pedals, crouching on her broom, waiting for the Buldger to get incredibly close at it's horrendous speed. She could hear Lee speaking from the Commentary Box, but her focus was mainly on the Buldger.

Just when it was an inch away, and Lily was sure that the Buldger would hit Flint without him beating it away with his bat, she jumped.

She heard the crowd go silent as Madame Hooch blew a whistle, signaling Kasey's Quaffle goal.

But she didn't care. Adrenaline was pulsing through her veins. The wind was whistling in her ears.

She was flying.

And then she hit something hard.

Oliver hit her from the side, catching her mid-air and leveling the two out on his broom to balance the weight. Lily saw her broom crashing to the ground, along with Marcus Flint, who indeed had not been able to ward off the Buldger. Just then, Lee Jordan announced that the snitch had been caught by Charles Weasley, and then the stands burst.

Oliver lowered them both onto the field, shaking with excitement and worry alike. "You absolutely stupid idiotic numbskull of a brilliant genius, amazing adrenaline junkie." he breathed, pulling her into a fierce hug. "Merlin that was dangerous but by god, that was so cool." he pulled away.

Lily, still on her Adrenaline high could only let out a wild laugh. Soon enough, Charlie approached them.

"That was crazy." he said, a little starstruck. "You jumped off your broom."

"Well, I could see you were struggling to gain on the snitch with Higgs next to you, and I was getting rather annoyed with all the Buldgers being sent my way as well as Flint following me everywhere... I had to do something." she explained. "So, you know, two birds with one stone." she grinned.

Charlie shook his head with a small smile on his face. "McGonagall's going to have your head. But good job, Lily. Mighty good job." he state proudly, clapping her back.

"Livvie here deserves credit too, he's the one who caught me." she slung her arm around the brunette.

Before she could say anything else, the rest of the team rushed towards the two of them, just as the stands emptied into the field, lifting them on their shoulders while the rest cheered. Finally, the two were lowered and Lily saw Percy standing in the distance, cheering with the rest of the house. He saw as she jogged over to him. Instinctively, his hands wrapped around her as he dug his face into her hair, that had come loose from its usual ponytail that she wore during every Quidditch match.