f i f t e e n

"She tried to w-what?" Lily screeched into the telephone. They'd just won a very important match against Puddlemere United, the team Oliver had joined. The boy was standing right beside her, not in the best mood after losing but that didn't seem to matter when he saw the look on Lily's white face.

"I'm coming home. Right now." she gulped, setting down the receiver and looking at Oliver's worried face. "Mum..." she choked. "She just tried to jump off a building this morning. I- I need to go to London as soon as possible." she breathed.

"I'll come with you." Oliver said firmly, not waiting for a response as he rushed inside to get their bags.

_____

"Dad I have no other choice. You can't keep living like this anymore." Lily cried. "It'll help both of you."

"Are you sure? We won't remember a thing?"

"You won't." Lily held the man's hand, squeezing it. "I promise. It'll just go away."

They both looked at her mother, who sat on the chair opposite to them, looking at nothing in particular as she muttered inaudible things under her breath.

"Will you remember?" Connor Smith asked, biting back a sob.

Lily nodded. "But I'll be fine. I have been fine for the last six months since I graduated, right? I'll be okay." she kissed his cheek.

The man nodded, slowly walking next to his mess of a wife. "Do it now."

Lily wiped away her tears, shaking her head as she readied herself for what she was about to do. She pointed her wand at them and closed her eyes before whispering.

"Obliviate."

There was silence.

"Lily dear, what're you doing here?" Olivia Smith asked.

Her daughter burst into tears.

"Lil what's wrong?" Connor Smith frowned, rushing over to her. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine." she said, smiling through her tears as she hugged him and her mum. "I've just missed you guys terribly, that's all."

"Aw we've missed you too. But we just met before you left for your match yesterday, remember? How was it?" her mother asked cheerfully. It was such a stark contrast against the person who had been sitting in the armchair, Lily almost couldn't believe it was real.

"We won." she grinned, wiping away her tears. "Livvie's here too." she said, motioning upstairs, where the boy had been sitting, trying to see if the name sparked any memory in the two.

"That's lovely. Will you both be staying for dinner?" Olivia asked.

"No, just stopping by. I had to pick up some work stuff." she smiled, pulling away from the hug. "I'll meet you during the weekend." she waved, skipping up the steps.

"Carrots, what-" he turned to her, showing an empty photograph. Lily remembered it was a photo of her and her brother. Only now, he wasn't a part of it. "I was just looking at it and he- he vanished."

"Let's go." Lily said quietly. "I need to tell you and Perce something."

_____

Lily had worked her way into a routine since the night her parents' memory had been obliviated. A lot had changed since then. For one, they'd moved into their old house back in Wiltshire, and as a result of their obliviation, no muggle knew that Oliver Smith existed, and that he was her brother. With the Quidditch season gone, she would help at the shelters her mother used to visit in between practices, and weekends were reserved for the Burrow and spending time with Percy and the rest of the Weasleys.