s i x t e e n

(A/N: This chapter's a little short but I got a very emotional by the end and it didn't seem right to go on any further for this one. I hope you like it!)

"Bye Livvie." she smiled at her brunette friend who she had just finished having a Butterbeer with. "We'll see you next weekend, yeah?" Lily smiled, clutching Percy's arm as she waved at her retreating friend.

"We'll get you next time!" Oliver waved, before giving them both a suggestive smirk and walking away.

"Merlin I miss these brunches." Percy sighed, turning to Lily. "And I feel like I haven't seen you all week." he wove his fingers through hers, before leaning down and kissing her softly.

Lily grinned against the kiss, before wrapping her arms around him and pulling him closer.

"I've missed you." he pouted.

"I've missed you much more, trust me." Lily assured. "Work doesn't seem to escape me. Speaking of, I need to get going to the Burrow. I've got a delivery for your mum." she said, lifting up a bag. "Wanna join?" she asked with a bright and hopeful smile.

Percy shook his head. "You know I don't. How... how is she? And dad?" he asked in a small voice.

"If you miss them just go and talk to them Perce, or write. Whatever's easier." Lily frowned, sighing. When he didn't respond, she gave in. "They're fine. Your dad's wound is almost non-existent. They miss you too you know." she squeezed their still entwined hand. Lily stood on her tip toes, pressing her lips against his lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Percy murmured, kissing her back. "I actually wanted to ask you something."

"Well go ahead I'm on a tight schedule her buddy." Lily said as their lips separated. Percy looked nervous. "You better not be proposing to me right now Percy Weasley." she smirked.

"What?" his jaw dropped. "No. Not at all. I would never ask you that."

Lily raised a brow in question, her eyes narrowing slightly.

"I mean, I don't not want to get married. I just - when I propose, it'll be a lot fancier than in the middle of Diagon Alley. Look, what I wanted to ask was if you wanted to move in with me." he said, all in one go.

That certainly took Lily by surprise.

"What?" she squeaked.

"Would it be that big of a change from your parent's house? Most of your stuff is at the apartment anyway. We could just make it official now, you know?" he asked with a small smile.

Lily wanted to say yes, to fling her arms around him and cry happy tears. But she knew that if she spent a majority of her time around him, she was going to end up telling him about the Order. Ever since she'd joined the Order of the Phoenix, she had hardly been to her own home. It would always be a rush from the Burrow to Grimmauld Place to Percy's apartment and Quidditch practices. Living with Percy, she wouldn't be able to keep lying about why she was leaving the house at such odd times of the day, like early in the morning or late at night. She'd already vented to him about Harry being her half brother after he made an Unbreakable Vow of not telling a single soul. It was hard enough not saying anything about them when he asked her how her day had been.

"Perce, I-"

"You don't have to decide now. Take your time, think about it. It's just a proposition." he smiled, kissing her forehead as a warm feeling radiated through her body.

"Okay." she nodded, pecking his lips one last time. "I love you."

"And I love you." he said sincerely right before Lily flashed him a loving grin and disapparated.