s e v e n t e e n

"The place looks beautiful. You guys did a great job." Lily looked around in wonder before looking at Charlie Weasley. "The tent looks magnificent."

"Thank you."

"Fleur is going to love this." she said. "She's been chattering about how excited she is all day."

"Excited? Bill's so nervous he's been driving me crazy all morning, making sure everything's in place before the guests arrive. Speaking of, we should go get ready soon."

Lily nodded, gulping slightly. "Any word from Percy?"

Charlie smiled at her sadly, squeezing her hand. "No. Nothing. I don't think he'll be attending the wedding. Sorry."

"It's okay." Lily said, covering her disappointment with a small smile. "I don't know why I expected him to come either. It's not as if we've been keeping in contact since that night anyway..." she chuckled darkly, looking away. "Let's just go change."

Charlie looked at Lily's retreating figure with a small frown. Something had changed in Lily since that night a year ago. She no longer had that happy glint in her eyes, even when she smiled or grinned, it was only half true. The night she had left Percy, she had left a part of her with him.

The wedding was in full swing, and Lily was having a nice time along with everyone else as Charlie attempted to make her feel better, not letting her be alone with her thoughts even once in fear that she would start thinking about Percy.

But of course, he had to eventually when people came about to greet them. Lily had just ended a conversation with Fleur's parents and had finally gotten time by herself. Until a man with shoulder length platinum blonde hair approached her, snapping her out of her reverie.

"Hello there." he smiled, extending his hand. "Xenophilius Lovegood. Publisher of The Quibbler."

Lily smiled politely as she shook his hand. "Pleasure to be of your acquaintance. I'm Li-"

"Lily Smith. The Holyhead Harpies' newest Chaser."

"Well not 'new' exactly. It's been around three years since I joined." she blushed, amazed that he had recognized her. "I'm sorry, but I've never heard of The Quibbler..."

"That's alright." the man waved it off. "We did an issue on you just last March, and I was wondering-"

"Dad, she had the look." a girl, probably seventeen approached them. She had the same platinum blonde hair and pale blue eyes. "Don't interrupt her."

"The look?" Lily asked curiously.

"The look of deep thought. You were thinking about something when my father interrupted. Sorry about that." she said, taking his arm in hers. "I'm Luna, by the way."

"Nice to meet you Luna." Lily grinned.

"We'll let you get back to your thoughts now. You look lovely in emerald green by the way." the girl said dreamily before dragging her father to the dance floor. Lily watched in amusement as the duo danced to a song, waving their hands around in a circular motion. She found it quite curious.

"Hi." Ron smiled, joining Lily, "Haven't seen you in a while."

"I was helping Fleur with her dressing arrangements." Lily shrugged. "Excited to head back to school, Ron? I heard Harry's gotten amazing marks in his Potions exams."

The ginger chuckled. "Yeah, all because of the Half Blood Prince."

"Huh?" she asked, alertly.

"Harry found this old potions book belonging to the Half Blood Prince. Not the best person though. It's... dangerous. Harry hid it away in the Room of Requirement."