11 | better

"I cannot believe you

"I cannot believe you." Bella screamed.

Nia rolled her eyes, "What did I do now?"

The past couple of days had been a complete whirlwind for Nia. She had been made the Valedictorian of her year. Jessica had been a little upset but she knew Nia deserved it and even offered to help with her speech. She had finally been given the all clear by the doctors and she was able to walk on her own. It still hurt a little but it felt good to not have to rely on crutches or a wheelchair. Despite being injured, she still had a volleyball scholarship in place for when she graduated to whichever college she wanted.

A relationship with Cullen's had actually been blossoming and even though the Pack didn't really agree, they knew she was happy and that was all that mattered. Plus, with everything that was happening, it was good to have someone negotiate between the two sides and create a bridge to get everything done.

"How dare you be friends with the Cullen's? They are not your family, they're mine! You have no right to weasel your way into their lives. Stay away from them." Bella screamed as she stumped her foot onto the ground.

Nia scoffed, "You know, when you started dating Edward, I hated the family. I hated the person they had turned you into and how you treated dad but they're not all that bad. They're actually genuinely nice, well maybe not Edward and Alice but I do like everyone else. They treated you like family and you and Edward put them in danger. Neither of you cared about the consequences and put the whole family in danger. You know, I do have to thank you, because of you I have managed to create a relationship between the Cullen's and The Pack. They all understand the importance of protecting humans from their worlds. I don't take orders from you, I don't owe you shit. Walk away Bella before I hurt you."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me, bitch."

"I just don't understand why we have to work with them?"

The Pack had had their first training session with the Cullen's and it had not gone well. Bella had whined the entire time about the Cullen's having to go after Victoria and her friendship with Jacob coming to an end. It had frustrated everyone so much that they ended up walking away. Surprisingly enough it was Seth that had completely blown up and ran off with the Pack following him.

Sam sighed, "I know. I hate this as much as you all do but we protect humans, that's what we do. I know we're all angry with them and pissed at the trouble they have brought our way but we have a job to do. We still need to patrol and train for the upcoming battle." He knew they were exhausted but they needed to do this.

"It's just not fair that we have to put our lives at risk because of them. This all happened because of them." Leah growled.

Nia stood up as the Pack all looked at her, "I know none of you want to do this and frankly neither do I but we protect human. I don't want to do this because I don't think it's fair that we have to clean up the mess that Edward and Bella created but they could be coming here and that we cannot let happen. I am asking you all to put your differences aside and work together for me. I know it's asking a lot but from what I've seen, we could have so many casualties because we're not working together. Please?"

"How bad?"

Nia exhaled heavily, "Really bad. From what I've seen they'll come into town and slaughter anything in their path to get to Bella. Victoria is going to toy with you guys before she goes to dad's house and slaughters him and my mother. I'm asking you all to help me prevent innocent people getting hurt. If you meet them before they come into town, you can contain the situation and save everyone. No one else needs to get hurt. I know this is the last thing you want but it has to happen this way."

Jacob looked at her with a nod, taking in the information, "And you're sure we'll be able to kill them all before they come into town?"

"Without a doubt."

"I guess this is how we're doing it."