8 | walk

"How dare you speak to me like that? I don't you and you sure as hell don't know me

"How dare you speak to me like that? I don't you and you sure as hell don't know me." Bella screeched.

Marianna scoffed as she glared at the teenager, "I do know you, Bella. You are a selfish brat that hurts everyone she cares about just to get her own way. You have no idea what this is doing to your father or sister, it's always about what you want. My daughter can't walk because you made a choice for her, Charlie is going to lose a daughter because you want to be a vampire. You always make the choices and don't give a damn about the consequences and I've had enough. If you can't understand what you're doing to the people that care about you, then you shouldn't be around them"

"You don't get to make that choice." Bella yelled.

"No, but I do. I'm sick and tired of this. Nia has done everything she can to make you happy and has been there for you during your depression, yet you treat her so horribly and it's not fair. Either fix your attitude or leave. Wait, what did you mean when you said become one of them?" Charlie questioned yet scared of the answer that he would receive.

Bella looked her father right in the eyes, "I'm going to become a vampire after graduation."

"Absolutely not. I will not allow it. As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say. You are not going to see him and I will make sure of it." Charlie spat. He couldn't handle the drama that came with Bella anymore. It was exhausting and she didn't care what she was doing to everyone else in her life. He couldn't help but feel like he had failed as a parent somehow, even if Nia told him otherwise. He still couldn't understand why Nia would do whatever she could to make sure Charlie and Bella still had a relationship, especially after everything Bella had put her through.

Nia scoffed, "Kinda hard to do when he's here every night."

"Nia!" Bella screamed.

Charlie looked at his youngest daughter, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you dare, Nia."

"He's here every night. He sneaks through the window and he has since they started dating. It's why I refused to stay the night for so long and why I'm back living with mum," Nia explained.

Bella glared at her half-sister, "Why did you tell him?"

"Because I don't feel safe in my own fathers house." Nia replied.

"I'm going to have a talk with the Cullen's tomorrow."

"I'm going with you."

"You ready to do this?"

Nia sighed as she slowly stood up from her wheelchair. Her mobility had slowly been coming back and the doctors were optimistic that she would be able to walk in time for graduation that was a month away. She had been doing her daily exercises with help from her parents and Embry and she could definitely feel the difference it's made.

Slowly she made her away across without needing support. It had been a minute or two before she felt like she needed to rest so once again, she slowly made her way towards her chair and sat down.

"You did it." Embry cheered. He tried to come to as many appointments as possible without asking someone else to cover his shift. He was proud of the progress she had made and he knew she couldn't wait to get on her feet.

Nia smiled proudly, "I did it."

"Yes You did." Her doctor spoke before continuing, "Keep up with your daily exercises and hopefully by next week you should be on crouches and walking before you know it." She really had come so far after constantly pushing herself. It hadn't been easy but they had all stood by her as she did it.

"I can't believe I actually did." Nia gushed as Embry drove them towards a dinner to get something to eat. She hadn't had much of an appetite, nervous about her appointment.

Embry held her hand as he continued to drive, "I am so proud of you."

"Thank you. Now, less talking and more food. I'm staving." Nia grinned.

Embry shook his head, "You and your food."

"You love me really."

"I'm honestly beginning to question my sanity."