6 | truth

It had been a few days since Bella had left to rescue her leech and it had been a trying time for Nia and her family

It had been a few days since Bella had left to rescue her leech and it had been a trying time for Nia and her family. Harry's funeral had come and gone and she hadn't left her father's side. She knew what it was like to lose someone you care about and knew how much he was hurting.

Nia had also made the decision to tell her father the truth about everything. Her powers, lineage and why everything was kept a secret. With Billy's permission, she also told him about the wolves and the vampires. To say he was angry about that, was an understatement and she couldn't blame him.

"Where are you going?" Charlie asked his daughter. He wanted to keep an eye on her as much as possible. The doctors were hopeful with her progress and everyone did what they could to help.

Nia looked at her father, "I'm waiting for Embry and Paul to pick me up." Bella had come last night with her boyfriend and Charlie was fuming. He didn't want the vampire anywhere near either of his daughters and Nia didn't want to be in a house where a vampire could easily come and go as he pleased.

"Why don't I drive you down there? I could use some fresh air." Charlie smiled.

NIa smiled with a nod, "I'll text the boys." The boys were quick to reply with conformation. They knew how Charlie was handling the news and wanted to keep her as close as possible. Neither were okay with knowing that a vampire was in the house and wanted her out as soon as possible. Having her and Charlie in La Push was easier on everyone.

"Where are you two going?" Bella spoke as she walked int the kitchen. Nia refused to acknowledge her half-sister and Bella couldn't understand why. What had she done to warrant the cold shoulder?

Charlie spoke up, "There's a plate of breakfast on the side. Me and Nia are going to the Rez so you'll probably be home by yourself. I do not want your boyfriend her. You are still grounded."

Bella scoffed, "You can't do that. I told you, he is going to be in my life and there is nothing you can do to change that."

"I have put my foot down, Bella. If I see him anywhere near the house, you are going back to live with you mother. I am done. I did not raise you to be selfish." Charlie firmly spoke.

"It's not like you actually did raise me." Bella replied. Nia could see the hurt on her fathers face and refused to let Bella get away with it. She wasn't about to watch Bella say whatever she wanted to say to their father, that she had been doing too long and the man deserved more.

Nia glared at her sister, "That's enough. You don't get to say and do whatever you want just because you think you can. Dad has been kind enough to give you your space and let be who you are but you do not get to bring him down. He has done nothing but give you what you want and has suffered in the process, especially with the vampires coming and going as they please."

"You told him. You put him in danger." Bella screeched.

Nia sneered, Of course I did. I don't trust you nor do I trust the Cullen's. You had no right to let your boyfriend come and go as he pleases. You put dad in danger. He can't protect you from something that he doesn't understand or know about. He is our father it's his job to protect us, no matter what. You do not get to act like he has done nothing for you. He stood by you, especially when you were ready to give up. I didn't put him in danger, you did that all by yourself."

"I can't believe you. What did I ever do to you? Why are you so mad at me?"

Nia shook her head, "I'm not, not anymore. I can't even look at you. Everything has to be about you. You knew what happened to me and you still left. I needed you, we needed you. Instead, the vampires were more important to you than your own family. We stood by you when you needed someone but you turned your back on us when we needed you. I almost died and dad lost his best friend. Where were you? You're a selfish brat that needs to sort out her priorities because there is only so much a person can take before they give up."

"That's not fair. They're my family too and I need them."

"Looks like you've made your choice."

"How are you doing?"

Nia had spent the afternoon with the Pack when she noticed Jacob had been hiding from the Pack and it didn't settle well with her. She and Jacob didn't get along with each other due to his obsession with her sister but he was a good guy, at leas from the short interactions they had and what Embry had said. He deserved better than what Bella was putting him through. He would eventually find his imprint and hopefully forget all about Bella. It wasn't fair for anyone to be treated the way Bella treated Jacob and Nia hoped he would see that soon.

Jacob sighed, "I don't know. I thought she would finally see me but she can't see anything more than what she wants and obviously I'm not what she wanted. It sucks I guess. I just don't know what to do anymore."

"You move on. You have friends and family that care about you. You will be fine because you're not alone. It won't be easy but you will find your imprint. Don't stress yourself too much, you're not alone." Nia reassured.

"You know, Embry is lucky to have you."

"Oh, I know."