5 | done

"How are you feeling?" Embry asked as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face

"How are you feeling?" Embry asked as he brushed a strand of hair away from her face. He hated seeing her hurt, he hated feeling how much pain she was in so he chose to stay by her side for along as she needed him. He was just lucky Sam understood and gave him as much time off as he needed and that Paul and Jared weren't complaining about doing extra patrol, they cared about her too.

Nia exhaled heavily, "It hurts. It hurts to know that after everything that has happened, I meant so little to her. She's my big sister but I mean nothing to her. How am I supposed to explain to my dad that Bella and I will never have a relationship? How am I supposed to tell him that she chose a family of vampires over us?"

"You are still so selfless, worrying about other people instead of yourself. Charlie will understand when you tell him the truth. He will understand. You've always been there for him and he has always been there for you. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, trust me. I love you, " Embry smiled softly.

Nia stared at him for a moment before replying, "I love you too. I don't know what I would do without you." She truly did love him. Embry had been there for through quite a lot and he somehow managed to make her smile.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm here, always."

"Hey, dad

"Hey, dad."

Charlie sighed heavily as he sat on the chair next to his youngest daughters hospital bed, "I am so sorry." He couldn't help but feel guilty as he looked at the hospital bed she was confined to because of Bella.

Nia frowned in confusion, "What are you talking about dad? You have nothing to be sorry." She could not believe her father was blaming himself for the screwed up teenager Bella had become.

"Yes, I do. I thought I had raised Bella better than this but I guess I wasn't around enough. I should have done more to make sure you both had a better relationship with each other. I should have been a better father."

Nia shook her head, "Don't you dare blame yourself. You did the best you could for the both of us and I know I turned out pretty great because of it. Bella is selfish, something that is never going to change but you cannot blame yourself. You have tried. I have tried. Hell, my mother has tried. She doesn't want to be reasoned with and that's her decision. She chose him over her family, his family over us but that's not your fault. We will get through this, dad. Besides, she's not the only one that's been keeping secrets."

"Thank you. At least I've still got one daughter in my corner."

"You are never getting rid of me, old man," Nina smirked.

Charlie frowned in confusion, "What do you mean, she's not the only one keeping secrets?"

Nia sighed softly before holding her father's hand, "I promise I will tell you everything but know that everything I did was to protect you."

"Of course I trust you, little moon."

"Are you sure you're ready to tell Charlie everything? We can wait till your birthday in a few months

"Are you sure you're ready to tell Charlie everything? We can wait till your birthday in a few months." Mariana spoke to her daughter.

Nia shook her head, "I promised myself I would tell him the truth. I could have died and Bella would have no care in the world. She wouldn't care about Charlie and how it would affect him. I love dad and he's always been there for me. He deserves the truth." It hadn't been an easy decision to tell Charlie but he was her father after all and she knew he wanted nothing more than to protect her, that she couldn't take away from him. Charlie was always going to be overprotective and it warmed her heart knowing he would be there no matter what.

Mariana pressed a kiss to her daughters head, "I know. Charlie has been through a lot and he needs you now more than ever. I am so proud of you and I know your ancestors are too. Charlie is more than proud to have you as a daughter and I know, he will always treasure you."

"It means a lot to me coming from you. I just hope Charlie won't see me differently after I tell him the truth." Nia spoke nervously as she played with her fingers.

"Never, Charlie loves you. Always."

"I hope so because I don't know what I would do if I lost another person that I loved."