12 | graduation

The day she had been waiting for was finally here

The day she had been waiting for was finally here. Graduation. Nia was finally graduating and she couldn't have been more ecstatic. She was, of course, nervous about her speech but she was ready, ready for school to end and move on in that chapter of her life. College was next but at least she was able to learn from home, close to the people she cared about the most. It was important to her to be close to the people she loved, starting a new chapter with the people closest to her.

"You ready?" Marianna asked her daughter with a smile. She couldn't have been more proud of her youngest child and she was in awe of the strength she had after everything she had been through. She was proud Nia managed to look to the future with a smile, despite almost dying.

Nia beamed as she put on her graduation cap, "I have never been more ready." And ready she truly had been. The speech she gave made everyone laugh and cry and she couldn't wipe the grin off her face as she came down the podium and accepted her diploma.

Her father hugged her tightly, "I am so proud of you." Nia giggled as she hugged him back just as tight. She was glad it was finally over but she could see that Charlie was a little sad about his daughters moving on, even if Bella didn't care. All he wanted was for his children to be happy and loved but he still wasn't happy to have the Cullen's in Bella's life but he knew there was nothing he could do about it, at least Nia had somewhat of a normal boyfriend.

Speaking of her sister, Bella had continued to threaten her to stay away from the Cullen's until she finally punched her in the face. Charlie had of course been mad but part of him understood why she did it. Edward had obviously not been happy but when Nia threated him with the Pack, he backed down rather quickly. Hell, the Pack had been proud of her for finally putting Bella in her place, even Jacob who had patted her on the shoulder. Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie had sent her a text each, congratulating her on having the guts to finally put Bella in her place.

However, despite how amazing the day was feeling, it wasn't the same without either of her brothers. They were always there for her but lately they had been so busy with the Rangers but she truly had hoped they would be at her graduation.

"You're pouting." Marianna scolded her daughter.

Nia continued to pout, "I miss them. I wish they were here."

"Come on, you didn't think we wouldn't be here on such an important day?" A voice spoke from behind her. Nia quickly spun around to find her brothers, Ryder and Ares, standing behind her with huge grins.

Nia squealed as she ran towards her brothers, hugging them tightly, "I have missed you idiots."

Ryder rolled his eyes, "You're lucky we missed you too." Nia knew he was teasing as she hugged him tighter. Despite constantly fighting with her brothers, she did love them dearly and was glad they were here.

"Hey, what about me?" Ares whined as Nia giggled before she hugged him as well. They sure knew how to make her question her sanity.

Nia moves back to look at them, "I missed you idiots."

"We missed you too kiddo. Now, where's your boyfriend?"

"Oh boy, this is going to be a long day."