4 | cliffdiving

"Why is it, you always find me when I'm at my lowest?" It had been a few days since her conversation with her brothers and she had taken their advice to cut out Bella completely but she couldn't help the looming feeling that something was going to...

"Why is it, you always find me when I'm at my lowest?" It had been a few days since her conversation with her brothers and she had taken their advice to cut out Bella completely but she couldn't help the looming feeling that something was going to happen. She knew something was going to happen, she just didn't know who was going to get hurt. She couldn't shake the feeling and it scared her, terrified her really and she hoped she would get out of it alive.

Embry shrugged, "Maybe I just find when you need me the most. You want to talk about it?" They both knew it was the imprint but Embry was glad he could be there for her whenever she needed it.

"There's nothing really to talk about. I feel better, the past few days I've been able to focus on myself. I'm finally putting myself first and it feels great. My magic has been getting stronger but I feel in control. School has been going good and I might even graduate early. I talked to my brothers, and sure I'm still mad at them but it was good talking to them. I've pretty much cut Bella out of my life and I'm less stressed." Nia explained in one breathe causing Embry to laugh at her silliness.

"I'm glad you're okay. I'm glad you're happy and safe." He smiled before pressing a kiss to her head. Embry cleared his throat before speaking again, "I was wondering if you would go on a date with me?"

Nia smiled at his slight stutter, "I would love to."

"Wait, seriously?"

"Did you think I was going to say no?"

"Maybe?"

"You're lucky you're cute, Call."

Nia had decided to talk a walk on the beach the next morning, for some reason the cliffs were pulling her in and it resulting a very bad feeling taking over her whole body

Nia had decided to talk a walk on the beach the next morning, for some reason the cliffs were pulling her in and it resulting a very bad feeling taking over her whole body. She could figure out why until she saw a figure standing at the top of the cliffs.

"Bella?" She spoke in disbelief. Nia ran towards the cliffs, hoping to stop her sister from making a very big mistake. When she got to the top of the cliffs, Bella turned around to face her with a solemn look. "What the hell are you doing?" Nia spoke in frustration.

Bella shook her head, "I need to see him." Nia knew exactly who she was talking about and wanted nothing more than to slap her sister in the face with a brick.

"No you don't, he left you. Don't do this." Nia pleaded.

Bella shook her head before walking closer to the edge, "I need to see him." Nia walked closer to her sister before Bella grabbed her had, pushing them both off the cliff.

Nia didn't have time to register what had happened before she hit the water pretty hard. She was having a hard time breathing due to the current and trying to find Bella, that she didn't see the rocks she was moving towards really fast until she hit her back, the pain causing her to pass out.

 She was having a hard time breathing due to the current and trying to find Bella, that she didn't see the rocks she was moving towards really fast until she hit her back, the pain causing her to pass out

When Nia had finally come to, a bright stung her eyes before someone finally dimmed the lights. She tried to sit up on the bed but her whole body hurt and she couldn't feel her legs. Nia turned to her right side to see her mother crying as she held her hand. She squeezed her mothers hand in comfort, not understanding what was going on.

"Mami, why can't I feel my legs?" Nia cried as she patted her legs, hoping for some feeling in them.

The doctor at the end of her bed cleared his throat, Nia turning her attention to him, "Miss Swan, it appears that the impact you suffered at the bottom of your spine caused a significant fracture."

"Are you saying I won't be able to walk again?"

"We don't know yet, the fracture might heal over time but as of now, there is nothing we can guarantee. You'll undergo exams on your spine so we can figure out the extent of your injury and take it from there." The doctor explained before walking out the room to get more test results.

"I am so sorry baby. Why were you even out there? You know it's dangerous when the current is so strong." Mariana cried as she hugged her daughter tightly.

Nia shook her head, "I didn't know. I was trying to save Bella. Bella! Where is she? Is she okay?"

"Oh honey, she left."

"What do you mean she left?"

Mariana sighed, "A Cullen turned up at the house. Bella found out her ex-boyfriend wanted to kill himself so she left and went after him. Jacob tried to stop her but she had already made up her mind."

Nia could feel the tears rolling down her cheeks, "Did she know I was in the hospital? Did she know about my injury?"

"Yes," Mariana nodded with her head down.

"And she still left? I guess now I know how much I really mean to her."