3 | beach

"Hey, thank you for coming

"Hey, thank you for coming." Nia smiled as Embry sat down next to her. She wanted to get to know him without the pressure of the Pack. She was his imprint but she wanted it to be on their terms. They had both been through a lot and from what Sam had told her, Embry was still dealing with some issues. She cared about him, that much she knew but she didn't know him.

Embry grinned, "I couldn't exactly say no to such a pretty woman."

"You are going to be trouble." Nia giggled.

"Only with you." Embry replied. "How was dinner with your dad?"

Nia sighed, "I love spending time with dad and it was fun but I had a bit of a run in with Bella. I mean, I know I'm a lot of things but selfish isn't one of them. After everything I have done for her, how dare she say I abandoned her? It's not fair that everyone has to do what they can to make her happy. I didn't say anything when she was with Cullen but I draw the line when it comes to dad."

"I understand that you're mad and hurt but maybe, the best thing to do is keep your distance for now. You are dealing with a lot, maybe you should take the time to focus on yourself?" Embry tried. They has been spending more time together and Embry always had a way of making her forget everything that was going on around her. He was her safe haven and she couldn't be more grateful to have him in her life.

Nia shook her head, "I wish I could. I know Jacob has phased. She's having nightmares again and being reckless so dad has asked me to stay with her when he's working."

"But that's not fair to you." Embry protested. He wanted nothing more than to protect Nia from Bella but he knew she cared too much about her family. Nia would always do what she could for Charlie.

Nia nodded solemnly, "I know but I can't let dad down. I promised him I would help her. It sucks because she doesn't care at all. She's more concerned about herself and seeing Cullen again, that she doesn't care how it affects dad or me. But I know I'll get through this, I'll be fine."

"I know you will and if you need me, I'm here." Embry vowed.

"Oh, so you finally decided to call?"

Nia rolled her eyes, "I'm still mad at you both. You lied and tried to hide the truth. You both know how much I hate it when you lie to me." Nia had decided to finally suck it up and call her brothers. Her mother was right, she couldn't drag this out for much longer.

Ryder sighed, "I know but we had to. As much as we would like you to join the Rangers, you are still young. We didn't want you to feel like you had no choice. We will always be here for you, the Rangers will always be here for you but you need to live before you feel like your whole life is being controlled and to have no choice."

"I hate it when you're right."Nia pouted.

Ares laughed, "You know you love us."

Nia scoffed, "In your dreams, stupid."

"Stop it you two. On a serious note, how are you Nia? Mum hasn't said much but she was worried." Ryder spoke. Nia took a deep breath before telling her brothers everything that had been going on for the past few months. Neither of her brothers were surprised, Nia had a big heart and loved wholeheartedly.

Ryder exhaled heavily, "You're too caring, little moon. I think you should stay away from her. One of these days she just might get you killed."

"That's what I'm afraid of."