18 | treaty

"Why are we here?"

"Why are we here?"

After Embry and Sam had made sure Nia was okay, they called the Cullen's and demanded a meeting. They were finally going to face the consequences of their actions. After what Edward had done to Nia, they couldn't let it slide anymore. They had made a mockery of the Tribe and their niceness but not anymore. Not after they had gone against their most sacred law, hurting an imprint.

Sam glared at them, "Why don't we let Edward explain?" Nia had been like a sister to him and when he was what Edward had done to her, he was fuming. How dare he hurt her? All she had wanted was peace and for the humans to be safe after what the Cullen's had created.

Carlisle looked at Sam confused before he looked at Edward, "What did you do?" When Edward didn't reply, Carlisle spoke louder, "What did you do?!"

"If he wont tell you, I will." Embry spoke up. He glared at Edward before looking at Carlisle, "Your precious son tried to kill my imprint. Therefore, the Elders have decided to null the treaty. You have 48 hours after the battle to leave Forks and you are to never return." After everything some of the Cullen's had done, he didn't give the Elders any choice but to null the treaty. The stupid vampire could have killed his imprint and he was not going to let him get away with it without any consequences.

Carlisle looked at his son in shock, "What? No, Edward wouldn't do that." He couldn't believe the son he had raised could resort to such violence, that he could resort to killing an innocent human just because he didn't get his way or didn't agree with her. He thought he had raised Edward to be better than that but clearly he was wrong. Maybe the rest of his children had been right about Edward.

Edward rolled his eyes, "They took Bella away from me." He did not regret his actions at all. Bella was his mate and they took her away from him. Bella now wanted nothing to do with him, claiming that he was too toxic for her despite how much he loved her.

"Do you hear yourself? You are willing to sacrifice anyone to get what you want. You almost killed Nia because you believed she was the reason Bella wanted nothing to do with you. It's not her fault that Bella realised how toxic you were. You have 48 hours after the battle to leave or we kill you." Embry threatened. Edward had already gone too far by hurting his imprint, he was not about to let the vampire stay on their land after what he did. Though, he was perfectly fine with killing him for what he did to Nia.

"But this is our home." Esme spoke sadly.

Nia rolled her eyes, "You should have thought about that before you let him run amok with no consequences to his actions. He knew what he was doing when he introduced Bella to the supernatural world. You, as coven leaders, failed to keep him in line and now you're paying for it. Like Sam has said, you have 48 hours after the battle to leave or they are well within their right to kill you." She wasn't about to be intimidated or persuaded by any of them. Emmett, Jasper and Rosalie have already left the coven, found their own house and have permission from the Elders to stay. None of this would have happened if it hadn't been for Edward and Alice, and Carlisle and Esme doing nothing to fix it. Enough was enough, it was time for them to face the consequences of the course of actions they allowed to happen.

"You can't do that!" Edward yelled.

Sam glared at him harder, "We can. You have brought nothing but danger to the people. Too many innocent people have died because of you. We have let this go on for far too long. This is your final warning. You leave or we kill you."

Alice shook her head and pouted, "But we didn't do anything. We just want to be happy."

"And yet you have brought nothing but danger to everyone in time. You never thought of the consequences. Bella might be Edward's mate but how you went about it all was not right. You made her depend on you, made her think she would be with you forever but then left her when she needed you the most, you cut her off from the people that cared about her the most but most importantly, you brought her into a world that she had no business being in. You didn't care what you were doing or who you were hurting as long as you got what you wanted. You have hurt enough people. Do you not care?" Nia questioned. Did he really not care about all the people he had hurt, especially the people he called family?

Edward scoffed, "I always get what I want."

"Do you hear yourself? You have no regard for the people around you. You're spoilt and a brat. You have no regard for the people around you. You shave done enough and now you're going to face the consequences of your actions. And trust me when I tell you, if you don't I'll kill you myself." Embry spat.

"I'm sorry." Carlisle sighed. It had finally dawned on him how much he had enabled Edward's behaviour. He claimed to be a coven leader but he obviously had not been fulfilling that duty. Edward and Alice had shown they didn't care about anyone else and the consequences to their actions.

Nia nodded as she looked at Carlisle, "Sorry isn't going to change what has happened."

"I know. You're right. None of this should have happened, I shouldn't have let it happen. We will leave as soon as the battle is over. I'm sorry." Carlisle spoke.

"What? We can't leave."

"We are, we've done enough damage."