𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

On each tray, the soldiers got a good-sized bowl of stew filled with potatoes and some vegetables with maybe one piece of meat in it, a bowl of rice, and some bean sprouts. The boys didn't dare make any comments and sat down in the order they came in, scared of wasting any time.

San examined his soup and pushed around potatoes, searching for anything else but didn't find much. After pushing many potatoes to the side with his spoon, he spotted a piece of meat that looked like beef and tried it only to be extremely disappointed. It tasted spongy and he felt like he could keep chewing on it for a few days before it was soft enough to swallow.

So that was it. Just some thin and chewy meat, an overabundance of potatoes, and...MSG? At least there's no way to fuck up rice he thought to himself.

Wooyoung had been thinking the same thing as he ate a large spoonful of rice. San looked over at him and they raised their eyebrows at each other, able to read the other's expression, silently agreeing that the food was a piece of shit. San took a glance inside Wooyoung's bowl and confirmed that it wasn't that he got a bad serving, it was just the quality of the food.

"CHOI SAN!" The voice came from right beside San who sat at the end of the table and, in a shock, choked on some rice.

Looking up, he saw his older brother Kai and mumbled under his breath as he took another bite of rice. "You scared the fuck out of me," making his brother laugh.

Kai squeezed himself on the other end of San, pushing him closer to Wooyoung, making him glance over, kind of impressed by San's balls to talk to one of the higher-ups like that, but soon found out the reality of it.

"Is it true you're the leader of your group baby brother?" Kai asked and Wooyoung chuckled quietly in disbelief but the more he thought about it, San getting the position of their leader made even more sense now. Wooyoung couldn't stand special treatment or guys that benefited from knowing someone or having a certain name. That's cheating your way through life.

"They know a good leader when they see one," San responded to his brother and Kai grabbed his shoulder proudly. Looking over at Wooyoung, Kai lowered his voice.

"Make sure you lead your team well. Some of them need more guidance than others."

Wooyoung continued shoving food in his mouth, not caring a bit that they were whispering about him.

That is what bitches like them do, so...

"Who's the lead soldier in charge of your group?"

"I'm not telling you." San could see his brother's mind working and didn't want Kai and the rest of the soldiers playing any tricks on him. His brother was like that, even in this type of environment. The only positive side to telling Kai would be getting to know his hot lead soldier, which made the gay part of his brain push him to tell, except he obviously didn't know the soldier's name, just his face.

"San, just tell me. I swear I won't mess with you. I'd probably get in trouble if I did anyway," Kai assured his brother.

Just then his lead soldier came to their table and announced that they only had twenty minutes left to eat, resulting in every soldier stuffing their faces as fast as they could. San could foresee the disaster that would probably happen once they got back to the room. Nothing good can come from a room full of guys with indigestion and probable diarrhea from the stew.

"So Kim Taehyung is your leader. We're good friends," Kai said to San, standing up like he was going to call him over before San stomped hard on his foot. Kai landed back on the seat beside him and punched him in the leg under the table discreetly, trying not to make a scene in front of the other soldiers since, technically, they shouldn't be hanging out together with Kai's rank being so much higher.