𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

In front of the camp, a large bus had pulled up, colored a dingy green color.

San stood there in front of it with his stuff, along with the others, waiting for orders to board. His eyes traveled back and forth from the bus to his leader who still hadn't made any attempt to talk to him, and that hinted to San that maybe he didn't see a point in it either.

Still, it would have been nice to at least say their goodbyes.

Taehyung looked more put together than any of them that morning. Handsome as always, looking to have slept well, his eyes bright and his energy high for the sun having barely even risen yet.

The rest of them stood around stifling yawns while he kept a keen eye on them to make sure they didn't forget anything on their way out.

San figured them leaving was most likely a huge weight off his shoulders, especially when it came to himself. The thought made him more eager to get on the bus and away from the trickiness of it all.

San's brother, followed by team three, came marching out of the camp gates then and, with everyone there for the first bus, Taehyung's deep voice thundered out orders to board.

Suddenly everyone was moving forward in a single file line and up the steps onto the huge bus.

San started to move forward in line but paused and turned to look where Taehyung stood, the leader returning his gaze this time, to his surprise.

His eyes still looked cold but San knew him enough to know that any form of attention he gave had significance. He gave a proper salute the way the older had taught him and Taehyung returned it before San turned away, leaving his leader behind, and entered the bus, plopping down next to Seonghwa.

Yunho sat across the aisle from him and reached out to pound fists, the two immediately starting to chat away since it'd been a good minute since they'd last gotten a chance to, and any thoughts San had left of Taehyung evaporated as he and his friend got deeper and deeper into conversation.

Kai walked by to take his seat and gave San's head a shove, telling him to give his jaw a rest, the two brothers making faces at each other before Kai reverted back to serious mode since he was on the job, one of the six soldiers in charge of the bus-full of graduated recruits.

Nothing could've kept the bus quiet though with a bunch of anxious newbie soldiers inside, 140 to be exact since they had divided the whole graduating class of 1400 up into 10 different buses.

After everyone got settled and they'd been traveling a while, the bus got noisier and noisier as the boys began to wake up some, but Seonghwa wasn't one of them, nowhere near being a morning person.

While everyone chatted away and used up their limited free time, he lay heavily on San's shoulder, leaving a good-sized puddle of drool there.

"Hwa, you're soaking through my shirt bro," San pushed up on the other's jaw to close his mouth and Hwa cuddled into him more, clutching his arm.

"We'll be separated soon, Sannie. Don't waste time complaining."

San mussed up his hair and smiled, seeing the truth in his words. "Fine, fine. Drool all over me, you shithead."

Yunho laughed at them and gave San's shoulder a friendly squeeze. "Maybe you should feel lucky since Hongjoong looks like he'd kill to have that drool on his shoulder." He directed his thumb back to where Hongjoong sat next to Wooyoung, Wooyoung's bag in between them, practically leaving the smaller sitting with one cheek on and one cheek off the seat. He looked tortured.

Wooyoung stared out the window as if he were completely unaware that Hongjoong was even sitting beside him. He wasn't really looking at anything in particular or thinking about anything in particular for that matter, but it beat wasting valuable time on any of the morons around him.