𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

Migrating into their room for the night, following the trek back and showers that ended pretty much as soon as they'd started it felt like, the boys sat on the edge of their flats examining their feet decorated grotesquely in calluses and blisters to go with all the bruises adorning their physiques.

"Ow--ow! Fuck!" Jongho cursed as he stuck the tip of a needle into the swollen blister on his toe.

Taehyung had given them instructions on how to drain and bandage their blisters up to prevent them from getting worse or infected, so everyone that had been graced with them were sitting around with needles in their foot, doing it themselves if they had the guts and, if not, finding a buddy to stab the needle in for them.

San had helped out a few of his teammates, but couldn't bring himself to do it on himself, sitting cross-legged on his flat while holding the needle close to his sore foot.

If he didn't drain the swollen blister he knew it would hurt like a bitch tomorrow when he put shoes back on, and just thinking about the morning run made him wince.

He sat staring at it, trying to summon up some courage, but before that happened the needle left his fingers, snatched by some pretty and slender hands.

San looked up at Wooyoung and followed him down as he crouched on his flat in front of him, grabbing and manhandling his ailing foot.

He stuck the needle in between his lips and picked up the box of matches he'd brought over with him, taking one out and swiping it across, lighting it up.

"You can't use that needle after it's been in your mouth, it'll get infected."

Wooyoung took the needle from his mouth and stuck it in the flame, flagging it a few times before puncturing San's foot with it, his blister instantly oozing a watery substance.

"Heat kills bacteria, you're fine." Wooyoung expressionlessly assured him, turning where he was to sit on the edge of San's flat, getting ready to do the same thing to the two full blisters he had on each of his own feet.

"Should I do that for you then?"

Wooyoung glanced back at San before turning his head forward again and stabbing the needle in without a second thought, heating another up and doing the same, sticking it through the blister on his other foot.

"I've seen the way you work with needles and I don't have time for that." Wooyoung referenced the time San had sat and stitched up Taehyung for half an hour. "I'd end up taking over anyway."

"Are you sure you even did it right?" San scooted up to where Wooyoung was sitting and held up his foot so when Wooyoung turned his head it was right in his face, oozing grossly. "How about another look?" San snickered as Wooyoung flinched away, half annoyed and half repulsed.

"What a fucking kid." Wooyoung reverted his eyes back down to his own foot, the corner of his mouth rising for a nano-second.

"For such a tough guy you reacted more than I thought you would." San joked as he rested his foot back on his leg and dabbed at it with some gauze, gently pressing to drain the swollen blister.

Wooyoung, doing the same, didn't react at all.

He replied in a tone blank of any emotion, most of his focus on doctoring up his feet. "I never claimed to be a tough guy. That was something you and everyone else decided on your own."

San paused.

He hated how cool the other sounded and hated even more how he'd let himself admit to Wooyoung being anything other than a headache. His words weren't wrong though. Everyone in there had a strong image of him, only based on some rumors, his skill, maybe the fights he'd started at the camp, or maybe it was his talking style, but, regardless, none of them truly knew what he was about.