𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Eyes were glued to Wooyoung and San as the soldiers made their way out of the room to shower, and San hung his head low in embarrassment. Not only did they both smell foul, but they were both crabby from not eating, and Wooyoung wouldn't spare San a glance as he shuffled his feet across the floor impatiently.

Moments passed in silence with the occasional long sigh from San, and luckily, due to short shower times, the rest were back before Wooyoung got too annoyed at the recurring noises coming from the dimpled boy.

"I'll have 205 and 213 take night duty, alternate with 216 and 270." Taehyung eyed the two boys that San hadn't really gotten to know yet, Seoho and Xion, before flipping off the lights by the door. "Lights out!" Taehyung didn't spare any ears when he shouted by the doorway, and a chorus of groans echoed while soldiers covered themselves with the thin blankets and attempted sleep after saluting the older.

San raised his head to acknowledge the order, noticing Taehyung who lingered by the exit, eyes visibly watching the rest of the soldiers intently, even in the dark. San assumed he was waiting for him and Yeonjun to head out to their post for the night, so he lifted his sore body from the flat, having sat down to re-tie one of his boots, and sped over to where Taehyung stood to confirm his orders, careful not to make even the smallest mistake.

Yeonjun followed San instead of going the opposite way outside to his post for night duty, trusting San's movements as the team leader, and they were both led to the hallway where Taehyung could speak to them freely.

"I'm borrowing San for some important matters, switch with 270 when the two hours are up," Taehyung instructed Yeonjun, who looked curiously to San, though the other could only shrug back. No doubt it was about the fight earlier, but why not bring Wooyoung out as well? Not that San wanted him around for any talk with the lead soldier, considering Wooyoung had a way of pissing off Taehyung to no end and that wouldn't benefit his case in any way, but he also didn't want to be the only one taking the blow for something that was equally Wooyoung's fault.

"Yes, sir!" Yeonjun saluted, still eyeing San carefully while Taehyng led him down the dark hallway past more closed doors and corners, and into a private office room.

The lights were dim inside the official-looking office that held a long desk and yellow tinted lamp with a couple of leather chairs and a tall bookcase with what San assumed held important military documents.

"I don't think you understand the severity of your little slip-up."

San felt his entire body shrink as Taehyung came into his personal space, domineering, while his eyes conveyed a billowing fire.

"I do, sir, it won't happen again." As strong-willed as San was, he still wasn't prepared for the fear that coiled in his gut, thinking of the larger consequences that came along with losing his temper with Wooyoung. If he lost his leading position in the group...If Kai found out. He shivered where he stood, still making fiery eye contact with Taehyung who relented a little when he'd heard San squeak out his response.

"This isn't a place for you and your temper, and I don't give a fuck how much of a prick Wooyoung is."

"I understand, sir." San knew he should have been the bigger person instead of letting Wooyoung antagonize him, but he was just so irresistible to punch. He swallowed nervously, knowing he'd have to shape up in order to keep himself in good standings.

"Good. If there's a next time I won't hesitate to strip you of your status here, Choi."

"Of course, sir." San adjusted his posture to make it more polished in an effort to earn back some points, afraid of Taehyung writing him off as a fuckup.