𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Kneeled on the ground, San's team buried themselves in the learnings of first-aid, the subject for the second week of training. They had been grouped into teams and were being shown how to access and stop bleeding, find a pulse, etc.

"Number 202!" Taehyung called out Seonghwa's number. "Demonstrate the first steps of CPR," his intimidating voice commanded only to receive a face painted in confusion.

"Sir ... you haven't gone over those steps yet ..." Seonghwa stammered and the rest of the boys that were gathered around watched quietly, never knowing what to expect.

Taehyung's eyebrows went up in dissatisfaction. "From what I understand," Taehyung quoted the words he had read early on, "you are in your second year of college in a pre-medical program to become a surgeon, at least that's what you wrote in your booklet. How is it that you're unable to administer basic steps of CPR?"

"II don't remember very well, sir!

"Or you didn't pay attention?"

The guilty look in Seonghwa's eyes revealed that Taehyung's guess was correct.

The soldier's face contorted into a deadly grin, one that gave the rest of them a warning of the scolding about to unfold, accompanied by some shivers.

"Surgeons use CPR on a daily basis and you can't remember very well ... I'll tell you one thing 202, and you should remember it like your life depends on it." Taehyung came closer to the boy and crouched down beside where he was kneeling next to another kid in his group that he was supposed to be demonstrating the CPR on, the other boy looking up at their leader from the ground with careful eyes.

With his mouth right beside Seonghwa's ear, Taehyung powerfully screamed, "The life of these soldiers is your responsibility !!! Because a dumb fucker like you doesn't know how to give simple fucking CPR ..," he trailed off and looked at the rest of the boys, eyes boring into each one, before sending his venomous gaze back towards Seonghwa. "-their blood is on your hands !!" Taehyung's voice turned into a low growl as he finished his shaming. "Whether or not they live or die is on you !! Try to swallow that and get your head on straight!!"

Seonghwa stumbled back onto the dirt and made eye contact with San who stood behind him with the rest of the group.

San took a step towards his friend, never once considering being another bystander. Even if he got in trouble for intervening, he wouldn't abandon Hwa, but, seeing his friend's thoughts loud and clear, Seonghwa shot up, finding his footing, and saluted Taehyung before he could notice San's movements. "Number 202 will work harder, sir!"

Taehyung's eyes were too keen to miss much of anything though, and also tended to be frequently fixated on San.

"205!" Taehyung called San's number but it also came from behind San in the other direction of the camp as Kai called for him at the same time.

San wasn't sure how he needed to respond so he found himself spinning, trying to salute both of the soldiers.

The surrounding boys were trying their hardest to keep their laughter inside at the humorous sight, Taehyung included. Grabbing the back of San's uniform while he was faced in Kai's direction, he held San in place to give him the assurance that he could stop before he got too dizzy and collapsed.

"I'm using this one to demonstrate with." Taehyung shook San slightly with his sturdy grip on the back of San's uniform as he shouted over to where Kai stood.

Making his way over, Kai intercepted his brother from Taehyung. "I need some information from Choi so you'll have to use a different one." Kai walked over and grabbed Wooyoung by the back of his neck and walked him over, Wooyoung taking it with his teeth clenched. "Use the tattooed prick."