Sass

While Celina was stressing over the possibility of being with a child rapist, her friend was on the verge of breaking. Grace did not know about her friends whereabouts and it had been a while since they had talked. With all of the talk about the lost prisoner, she had started to wonder if knowing about Celinas escape was something good or bad.

She had managed to tip toe around the large halls and listen to Lorenzo talk with Sebastian. The posh rat had talked about how happy Celina was to be with him at the hospital, but Grace knew better. Celina would never be happy in the presence of that dirty man. Her doubts were piling up and every passing minute made her realize that she was not able to contact her best friend.

Even though she had jokingly advised her to escape from Sebastian, she had not been THIS serious. There had to an easier way, it just had to.

She felt uneasy being in the middle of the situation. All she knew was that her best friend had protected a guy named Ryder and that was about it. She had made her own conclusions and knew that the handsome man she had watched in the recording was Ryder. The same man that Celina was crushing on. However, that was about it. She knew nothing more about him than his name and face. That was not enough for her to do anything, right?

On top of that, the fact the Sebastian had covered for Celina made her more vary. A man like him would never help someone out if he did not receive a benefit from it. What did Celina give him to make him shut up?

Upon pondering on the questions, she realized only one thing. There was only one person who could help her, Greta.

                                                                                          §

"You are sick, Hades" Celina said, as she heard the man cough in the bathroom. She was standing outside waiting for him, but the painful coughs made her worry. She had noticed how he would clutch his head at times, due to the pain she assumed.

"I should search for a doctor nearby-" she uttered and just as the words left her mouth, Hades flew out of the bathroom and snatched her phone that was shut off.

"Don't. Don't ever call someone again" he hissed and dragged her into the bathroom by her arm. His grip on her was hard, but enough to hurt her. He quickly put her phone in his pocket and Celinas eyes drifted to the sink that was stained with his blood. Her brows furrowed as she looked up at him.

"What? You cant be serious, you are coughing up blood" she reasoned logically upon seeing the sight of him. The thought about him being a potential child rapist was completely forgotten and she saw him as the kind man she had witnessed the windy day when he had made the bed for her, holding a pink water bottle.

"The doctor needs legitimation, Celina. And if you haven't forgotten already, my face is plastered on every wanted poster in the whole city. There is no way I won't be thrown into jail if I contact the doctor" he told her and washed his face before drying it with his shirt.

Celina nodded quietly and followed him out to the exit. She watched as the prisoner carried himself with confidence and pride, when the whole city was after him. The elegance he portrayed was magnificent. It was everything from how he finger brushed his long locks to how he smiled at the cashier. The crocked smile that was both mischievous and charming, it was simply imperfectly perfect. It was in the way he took long strides towards the door, secretly glancing back at her to make sure she followed after. It was the way he always walked in front of her to open doors for her. It was the way he lied about liking snacks, when he ate none. Leaving everything for her to eat.

The simple actions were not missed by Celina, who was having a hard time in controlling her battling heart and mind. Her heart made her believe the man who was going to extra lengths to help her. And her mind wanted her to call her father to jail the child rapist.

"Gattina, I am fine" she heard him utter. He had watched her face portray the different emotions she was feeling and wanted his best to reassure her.

"How do you know what I was thinking about?" she asked, as they started walking side by side.

He looked at her sideways and said with a serious expression: "How can you be in my presence and not think about me?". The teasing glint in his eyes was back and he tried not to cringe at his own flirty tone. He was slowly starting to regain his personality and he noticed that himself. However, it had been a long time since he had talked like that to anyone, so he tried to allow himself the time of opening up again.

"Oh please, I have seen thousands of you in the East" she replied sassily and flicked her hair. She was still in her silk dress from that day and the little pursue and bow heels made her so much more dramatic.

"Yeah?" Hades chuckled, watching her attitude. "Were any of them as rewarding as me?" he asked, with his dark voice dropping a few octaves lower. He licked his lip unknowingly as he watched her walk in front of him, swaying her hips from side to side.

DON'T LOOK he reminded himself

"Rewarding? What are you, a king in the ancient times?" she asked, looking back at him. He found her irritated face cute and if he didn't know it before, he was fully aware of him crushing on her now.

"I mean, yes. I am the ancient king of this place, gattina. Are the thousands of guys in the East as good as me?" he teased her, walking past her with his long strides. Slightly bumping into her softly.

He heard her gasp dramatically and balance herself on her unnecceraly high heels. "Good? Who said you were good? In all honesty, I find you kinda hard to look at" she lied to him pettily, almost running to catch up to him to bump into him back.

Hades felt the soft hit of her insanely small pursue on his back before he saw her strut in front of him again, as if it was a competition. "Hard to look at?" he repeated, shocked. "Damn, is that why you wanted to taste me in the car?" he stopped and said louder as she continued walking.

The sentence made several people turn around and look at them weirdly. Celinas jaw fell on the floor as she squinted her eyes at him, sending him daggers. "Come here, now" she hissed lowly, looking up at the tall prisoner.

Hades walked past her unbothered and they both heard an elderly couple laugh at them. "Young love" they said as they went back to doing their own. Celina, ran behind him to get the last word in the conversation.

"I did not want to "taste you" in the car" she said as she held on to his arm to make him stop.

"Lying does not really suit you Morettis. It never has, gattina. Admit that you checked me out the day at my apartment when you tried to break in" he teased her, holding on to her purse.

"The nerve of this man. I did not" Celina muttered, putting in all her strength to pull her purse back, but to no avail.

"Yeah? What about the day you still smelt like my cologne at the party? Did you wear my jacket to fantasize about me, gattina? Let's make your fantasies come true, tell me what you fantasized about"

The conversation was probably the closest he had been to the Hades before the cells. The flirty and overly seductive aura he had was in full focus, making Celina nervous.

"I don't-" she tried to speak but was cut off by Hades.

"What about the day of the robbery. You came to check up on me because you were worried" he said as a fact and pulled her purse to him in a swift manner, making her bump into his toned chest.

"You really are a flirt, Hades Valentino" she whispered to him, her cheeks flushing red.

"That's it? No kiss? Forget it, I will check if the hot girls are still in the-" He tried to walk back, but laughed out loud when he felt Celina hold his hand.

"Shut up and walk. I want ice cream" she said frustrated, her jealousy building up.

Hades smirked as he watched her take his hand in hers, dragging him away from the restaurant. And there they were, walking hand in hand in the West alleys, with Celina wearing his leather jacket and Hades holding a purse in his hand.

                                                                                             §

                                      "Greta, I have a request. Can I see a picture of Ryder?"