The talk

Hades was shocked to say the least. Celina had acted first and kissed him. Her lips were moving gently against his and her heart was throbbing at the thought of rejection. Despite of him not kissing back, she kissed him more desperately. As seconds passed by of him not responding, she backed off and looked at him with hurt.

"I'm sorry" she croaked out and just as she was about to open the door and leave the embarrassing situation she had made for herself, she was stopped.

The monsters in Hades mind hushed each other in excitement and in a swift moment, he roughly backed her against the door and slammed his lips to hers. The sparks he felt was something different and he could swear that someone was playing a violin in the background. Her lips were softer than he had imagined, and he was sure that just one kiss would make him beg her for more. She had him wrapped around her finger without even knowing it.

Celina was relieved when his lips met hers and she relaxed in his embrace. His rough lips felt more like home than Sebastians ever had and she found herself smiling. The sexual tension she had built up was finally leaving her body and their connected lips stayed like that for a while giving in to what their bodies wanted.

They pulled apart after a while and Hades lifted her up by her tiny waist. His muscular arms wrapped around her small form and he leveled her up to his tall form. Setting his nose against her, he smiled a little. His lips didn't settle for his usual cocky smirk, but a real genuine smile. Celina mirrored his expressions and upon seeing that, he pecked her small button nose.

"I better get you home, gattina and never run away from me like that. I will die from worry one day" he uttered, but was cut off by Celina.

"Don't say that again. Don't talk about death so lightly" she told him seriously and caressed his stubble. His beard prickled her, and she awkwardly tried scratching it to feel the roughness. In an odd way, she liked how the beard differed from the men in the East. It made him so much manlier than the others.

"Don't like it?" he asked, inspecting her expression of interest and confusion.

She shook her head eagerly and answered; "I like it. It tickles when we kiss though" she blurted out and giggled at his feigned a hurt expression. He hung his neck down and chuckled lowly before looking up at her with his usual smirk.

"It's getting dark" he said and held on to her hand. They walked out of the café together and he waited patiently for her to lock the door. Hades had been right. It was dark outside, and the Easters were definitely hiding away from the lost prisoner.

"Hmm people here haven't been out and about ever since the news about Hades" she told him and shivered from the cold. She was pulled tightly against Hades side who then used his jacket to cover her frame. She was guided to his car and like all the times before, he waited until she was situated before sitting down himself.

He drove the car peacefully and with Celina tracing patterns on his arms, he felt more in peace than he ever had in life. That thought made him automatically take a good look at the woman sitting beside him in the car and he wondered if his mother would approve of her if she was alive. He could have invited her into his home and introduced her for the gang that was as close to him as his own family. There had never been a question of unloyalty and that was exactly what had given him hope of the life they had all been born in. He was only ready to become the leader of the gang to save his mother, but now that she or the gang wasn't there, there was no importance in being a leader.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Celina spoke up again after watching him doze off for a little. She wondered if he knew how tired he seemed. His eyes looked hazy sometimes and it didn't escape her how he blinked several times to regain his vision. The small cuts and scars on his neck that wasn't covered by tattoos also told stories that he would never express. She had inspected him closely and could still not find a single flaw.

"Celina" he spoke up and looked at her. "This is wrong" he told her and she knew exactly what he was talking about. A girl from the East with a man from the West. Not to mention that the girl is Celina Moretti, the princess of the East. She didn't know that he knew about her engagement and that thought was killing her. It bugged her to know that she was going to get married to a man like Sebastian when her heart desired someone like the man who was driving the car. She didn't know that much about him, but she didn't need to. Somehow with him, these things were not needed.

As an answer, she only nodded. "Did you find something about James?" she asked instead and ignored his previous statement. Hades who was waited for her to tell about the fiancé of hers sucked in a breath.

"Don't ignore the obvious gattina" he told her and took her hand in his. "This will never work". Hades was trying his best to drive her away from him for a last time. He wanted her to understand that the thing between them was not something to be celebrated. Despite of his monsters disagreeing with him, he knew himself that their connection would end in destruction. He would probably die in the hands of the Morettis and she would be married of to the man.

Celina gulped down the knot in her throat and looked away. Slowly, but surely she pulled her hand out of the grip Hades had on her. With a sharp nod, she dismissed the conversation without saying anything. Truth to be told, she didn't regret the kiss at all. She had never believed in the separation and not only that, but she had never believed in her relationship with Sebastian. She had never loved him and would never be able to do so either.

"I have found James" the confession from Hades was enough to make her spin her face to his passive one. The emotion of happiness was wiped away and he looked just as he had the first day she had seen him on the underground station. Completely blank.

"Where?!" she asked in an instant ignoring the ache in her heart.

"In the West. I will leave in two days to fetch him for you. I will call you when I am back" he told her seriously.

"I will come with" she said and didn't let him object before she continued. "He will never come with you if I am not there"

Hades thought over the plan and nodded. "What will you say to your family?" he asked and parked in their usual spot, the street down from the border.

"Don't worry about that" she told him and opened the door to leave. "When was it?" she asked before stepping outside.

"In two days gattina. Two days"

She nodded half-heartedly and closed the door. He watched as she ran down the street in her sneakers and he smiled. How was it that he had all the money in the world but could not fix up his life to make her his. His life was just fucked up.

He was about to drive back until a special car caught his sight. There his car was, driving down the road of East London, in all its glory. The red passenger in the driver seat did not escape his sight and with a string of curses, he hit the gass pedal and entered the East. The place he hadn't been in years for his stolen car. The action was enough to verify, that Hades was indeed back. But if that was something good, was still a mystery.