₁₀

You shook your head, a little confused, and waited for the others by the entrance of the mall. It seemed like it was going to be a long day for you.

*   *

Tommy tapped you lightly on the shoulder, causing you to jump. He chuckled, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. You shifted uncomfortably under his touch, which Tommy was quick to notice. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, slowing his walking pace.

"Where's your girlfriend?" You growled, moving his arm off of you and speeding up. He caught up to me.

"She's just my friend. Why does it even matter to you?" He furrowed his eyebrows, hints of annoyance revealing itself in his voice.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe tell her not to scream in my face," you hissed, making your way to Will and Toby. You slowed your pace to meet with theirs.

"You okay?" Toby looked at you with concern, hearing the last part of your conversation with Tommy.

"Mm, just annoyed." You rubbed your other arm, quieting down. Toby nudged you softly, smiling.

"Cheer up. Let's go get some food, yeah? You can tell me after," he suggested, raising your mood a little.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay," you agreed, changing the subject immediately after.

*   *

You and the guys stopped at Subway, deciding it'd be a good place to eat for the time being. Lucy complained until Tommy agreed to keep shopping with her. You only rolled your eyes and turned away in, not only jealousy, but also disappointment. 

"She's so annoying," Toby grumbled, sitting down at a booth. You chuckled, shaking your head. 

"Yeah. I can't believe he likes her," you agreed, sliding into the spot next to him. Will walked over with the ordered food and placed it down before sliding into the seat on the opposite side of the booth. 

"You'd be a much better match." Will winked at you, handing you your food. A small blush spread across your cheeks and you diverted your gaze, taking a chip from the tray. "Sorry, that was out of the blue."

"N-no, it's okay. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that I like him anyway," you mumbled, chewing on the tip of the chip in embarrassment. Once finished with the chip, you took a bite out of your sandwich.

"We'll always be here for you, no matter the result. Okay?" Toby smiled, taking a bite out of his own sandwich.

"Okay." You grinned, feeling better.

*   *

"I want to go on the carousel!" You giggled, pointing at it as the group neared toward it. Toby nodded along with you, excited to go on as well. Will looked at the two of you with confusion.

"Really? The carousel." He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah!" Both of you shouted. Will sighed and shook his head, the edge of his lips curling upwards.

"Alright, alright. I'll go tell Tommy and Lucy, you two go hurry ahead and wait in line. You followed his orders and went to go wait. There weren't many people in line and after Tommy and Lucy joined, you'd be full.

They were putting two people from the same group on a horse together to save space. Covid not real ;). You looked at Toby in a way that said "you're with me" and he nodded. Tommy and Lucy joined you guys in line. Lucy stood by you, her arms crossed, while Tommy talked to Toby about some cool Minecraft fact.

As soon as you were allowed onto the carousel, you picked a black and white spotted horse with a light blue outfit. You sat down and waited for Toby, only to see Tommy sit down behind you. You shivered a little as he reached over to grab the pole. 

"Toby took Lucy to a different horse so I could talk to you," he said. You could feel his stare on you as you slouched down a little, glancing at him.

"Fine. What do you want?" You asked as the ride started. He took a deep breath before starting.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I'm so sorry for how I've acted the past few days. Ever since the- the moment, I've been scared." You knew he was telling the truth somehow, and his voice sounded a little shaky as he spoke. As comfort, you grabbed his hand on the pole and held it tightly, feeling as if he needed it.

"Scared of what?" 

"Of losing you, of making the wrong decisions. I was scared- scared that I wouldn't be good enough if- if I had continued the kiss." Immediately, you felt bits of guilt build up but there was an overlapping happiness that had appeared with the guilt. But why was- "And about Lucy. Honestly? I just let her come because she said all her friends had left her. I don't want to be rude, but now I can see why." You burst into laughter at that, squeezing his hand. "Seriously! But I promise you, the only girl my eyes are set on is you." The butterflies danced around your heart again and you became flustered again, trying to think of a reason that would prove he wasn't lying.

"But- but earlier you were looking at her so lovingly. You blushed around her," you muttered, quieting down.

"That's because I imagined she was you, even though I know it's wrong. When her arms were wrapped around me, I imagined that was you hugging me like that. When she pulled me around, though I didn't enjoy it, I hoped it'd be you instead. And I didn't know she'd act out like that, I promise." He explained. You looked back at him, your eyes glittering with happiness. He leaned in, and before you knew it, he was kissing you. After reality set in, you kissed him back.

Will just in the back taking some photos of you two, don't worry.