The sunlight fell onto your face, waking you up. You groaned and turned to the side, squeezing the blankets in your hands. Not a second later did your alarm go off and you jumped up, fumbling for your phone. After a moment, you grasped it and turned off your alarm with a sigh. And then you remembered what you hated most dearly.

"Ugh! School," you grumbled, getting up from the bed. "Wait a minute, school... Tommy... Put them together. Tommy plus School equals not that bad." The ends of your lips curled upward just barely. You texted Tubbo good morning before getting ready for your day.

*   *

The class warning bell rang as you stumbled through the doors of the school.

"No! Stupid legs, so slow," you whined. You'd be tardy if you didn't hurry up. So you ran through the halls, accidentally hitting a few people. "Sorry!" 

The bell that started school rang as you slid into the class. You flash the teacher an awkward smile. He took a deep breath and told you to sit down. You nodded and started to walk to your spot. While on the way there, you met eye to eye with a blonde boy wearing a white shirt with red, short sleeves. He smiled slightly at you and you felt the urge to do so back, so you did. The teacher started the lesson as you sat down. You decided to text Tubbo later and pay attention for once in school, which was rare. Or was it that you just wanted to get Tommy's attention? Maybe it was both. Maybe it was-

"Y/N, are you listening?" The teacher asked, tapping his foot softly. You looked up at him and shook your head. He sighed and clicked his tongue. "Please pay attention." He returned to his lesson and you returned to your thoughts. You could always talk to him during the break. Maybe the teacher was right. Just pay attention. 

*   *

The break came, and you made your way to Tommy's desk. You tapped his shoulder and he looked up from his phone. His hand made his way to his neck and he smiled at you.

"Uh, hey," he greeted. He placed his phone face down on his desk.

"Hi," you replied. You sat down at the empty desk next to him. "If I'm being honest, I'm not that great at talking with people. I guess I can start with how are you?" The classroom was filled with chatter but when Tommy spoke, you could only hear him. Nothing else was important but his voice.

"I'm doing good, yeah. How are you?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. His hand moved from his head and he leaned back in his chair. 

"Ah, good. I think. School's annoying as usual," you shrugged. He nodded.

"Yeah, I have an essay I gotta write and then some math," he agreed, chuckling a little.

"That must suck so hard. I'm lucky all I have is math," you laughed. Your phone ringed and you picked it up, mouthing 'one moment' to Tommy. Turning away from him, you answered the phone.

"Hi, Y/N!" Tubbo greeted.

"I'm talking to Tommy- we can't call right now," you whispered. Tubbo gasped.

"Oooooooh, okay. HI, TOMMY!!!!" He shouted. You looked back at Tommy. Tommy's eyes were fixated on your phone. He definitely heard it.

"Alright, bye bye. Talk to you later," you grumbled, ending the call. You slid your phone into your pocket and Tommy looked at you, his face mixed with confusion.

"You- that sounded like Tubbo," he frowned, trying to put the puzzle pieces together. Mentally. You nodded.

"Yeah, uh, he told me to tell you that I'm friends with the cool man. But that's about it," you confessed, meeting his eyes. His laughter broke out, turning the few people's faces to the two of you. His laughter was deep at first, a little high-pitched by the end of it. You felt almost... Dazed? Was that the right word? All you could do was replay that laugh in your head. There was something special about it, so special. But what? Tommy was smirking when you came back to your senses.

"So, Y/N. You're friends with Tubbo? How long? Where'd you meet him? How come I haven't heard of you from him?" He asked, raising his eyebrows slightly. Oh god... You were speechless.