𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

After I left I was driving in silence crying to myself

After I left I was driving in silence crying to myself. I thought everything was fine last time we talked but I guess I thought wrong.

The miscarriage is what really set it off with everything. That's nobody's business and I confided in her just for her to talk shit behind my back and tell my business.

The miscarriage was about 5 months ago and yes it was Langston's baby. I didn't even know I was pregnant but one night I woke up cause I was cramping real bad and it was a lot blood.

I was living with Ciara at the time so she called the ambulance and once they were done helping me they told me I was 6 weeks pregnant and I had a miscarriage. They said it was mainly because of drug and alcohol abuse. That's what really made me stop and focus on my well being. And the real reason why i haven't been drinking since.

I never told anyone else cause it's embarrassing and it's not one of my special moments. I didn't tell Langston because I didn't want him looking at me differently or treating me differently even though he had the right to know.

It's funny how they believed a person who they haven't even known for a month over someone that they grew up with or been around a lot.

❏❏❏

"What happened?" Gabrielle asked.

"Nothing I'm fine." I wiped my tears and closed my room door.

I took a shower and went to straight to sleep until I woke up the next day.

When I woke up it was past 2:00pm and I missed calls from my mother, grandmother, Amari, Langston, and Nahmir.

"Chantelle are you okay?" Gabrielle knocked on the door.

"You can come in I said going to my bathroom closing the door to do my routine.

"Chantelle come out."

"Wait." I said as tried to finish up brushing my teeth and washing my face.

When I finished I laid back down on my bed staring at nothing in particular.

"Did you cry yourself to sleep?"

"Maybe." I mumbled.

"What happened at the dinner? I thought it was supposed to fun." She said.

"Doesn't matter. My feelings never matter to them anyway." I mumbled.

"It's that bad." She looked at me.