twenty-four

"Death is not the end Nor the final wordDeath is a separation Temporarily unheard"❏❏❏

Death is a separation Temporarily unheard"
❏❏❏

"You gone hold her?" I asked Nahmir as we pulled up at the place the funeral was being held.

"Yea I'll get her." He said as he got out of the car and opened my door.

When I got out of the car I saw Ariah standing with our grandmother, Ciara, and our father plus other family members standing around and talking.

When we walked over there I hugged Ariah and she had already started to cry.

"I know." I said quietly as I hugged her and Nana rubbed my back.

"Chantelle- Charles save whatever you have to say today is not the day." Nana cut my father off and I let go of Ariah as she wiped her tears then Bianca walked up with I'm guessing our "brother."

Then they started the line and we were in pairs of two.

Nahmir pulled me close to his side when he realized my facial expressions. I don't know why they're even considered up at front as her children they shouldn't even be here.

"Calm down." Nahmir mumbled to only where I can hear him and I pushed up my shades.

They opened the doors and we all took our time walking in.

When we were up next to view the body I looked at her face for a while.

We sat down beside Ariah in the order that we came in. Nahmir had his arm around me and we were waiting until everybody came in and sat down.

The whole time it was like I was numb to everything around me like I was zoning out. I was angry I was sad I was tired. My sisters were crying but I just had a straight face. I was ready to just go.

❏❏❏

We were now at the repast which is at my grandmother's house. Before we went there we went back home to change clothes, so by the time we got there everybody was already there.

"Hey y'all." Nana said and we spoke back as other people started to say hey.

"Awwww there she is." Nana said as she reached for Naylani.

"She's so beautiful."

"Thank you." Both me and Nahmir said.

"It's food laid out on the tables go ahead and make y'all a plate I got her." She smiled.

"It's deep as hell in here." Nahmir mumbled.