Chapter 17: This sucks

"Oh my gosh, what are you doing up here?" I asked in disbelief.

Standing before us was none other than mean girl Jen ricking a black and blue leather. She just smirked at my question before she bothered answering.

"Surprised to see me! Well I always knew that my power was stronger but I lacked the proper training. So I teamed up with someone who understood my true power." She stated.

"Uhh am I missing something? Because I only see you standing here?" I asked.

Before she could answer our eyes were drawn to the chaos in the sky. Then all of a sudden we heard a wicked laugh that could mean no other thing except that the god if mischief was upon us. Before we knew it Loki joined Jen up on the roof.

"Loki! What are you doing here brother?" Thor asked outraged.

"You didn't think it was going to be that easy to get rid of me? I'm back and this time I'm not going to stop until I have control over all of earth!" Loki exclaimed.

"Why is it always earth?" Kris asked.

"Dude, as someone who has been to multiple galaxies I know that there are truly better ones than this out there." Star lord said.

"Is it just me or is he hotter in person?" Kitty mumbled to Kris and I.

"Not just you," we said in unison.

"I don't care about the other galaxies! I want earth!" Loki raged.

"Yeah but what does Jen have to do with all this?" Kris asked.

"Because we both want earth to suffer like we did. And I know just who I want to kill first," Jen said before lunging towards Kris and I.

Lucky for us captain America stepped in front of us, protecting us with his shield.

"Run! I'll stall her!" He yelled to the two of us.

Just as we escaped we could hear her yell one last time. "No matter how far you go, I will find you. And I will destroy you for taking everything I had away from me! And I especially want those wacko twins to die by my hand!"

We safely made it to star lords ship before him, Kris, Tony and I hoped in.

"Wait for us!" Kitty yelled.

"Yeah! We want to come too!" Amelia agreed.

"No, it's not safe with us, you guys need to stay here where you are protected by the rest of the avengers." Tony said.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Jen is specifically after you two for now so we need to make sure she won't find you." Tony answered.

"What? No! We aren't going to sit on the sidelines while everybody fights! We want to help!" Kris explained.

"For now we just need to get you to a safe location and then we will figure out another plan," star lord said trying to get us to stay calm for the rest of the flight.

"But isn't it our job to fight? We are apart of this team are we not?" I asked.

"Yes that's true, but since she singled you out specifically and you have less than a month of field experience we have to take precautions to make sure you're safe." Tony answered.