Chapter 15: Come and Get Your Love

Tess POV

"Why hasn't Starlord text me back yet!? He said would after training and training ended 15 minutes ago!" I whined.

"Tess he probably hasn't got back to his room yet, plus you know he's interested in you after spending the night on our couch last night after cleaning up your drunken mess." Kris answered.

"You're right, I'm totally fine. Plus if he doesn't text back it's okay. I was happy with how my life was going before he asked me out so why I ruin that," I said reassuring myself.

"Is she okay?" Amelia asked.

"Yeah she's fine, she does with every guy even if she's in a relationship with them." Kris answered.

"He just sent me a text!" I said completely changing my tune.

"See there you go," Jenny said.

"What does it say?" Kitty asked.

"He says that he's going pick me up at 8 and to be prepared to get my mind blown. Like literally?" I asked.

"Uh no, he means figuratively," Jenny answered.

"So are you going text him back?" Jojo asked excitedly.

"No, he made me wait 15 minutes so I'm going make him wait at least 10." I answered.

"Oh my gosh! Don't do that to yourself! Just text the poor guy back!" Kris exclaimed.

"You guys are so right," I answered. 

"So besides Tess' date, how did the rest of your day go?" Amelia asked.

"Well the day would have been better if we were given any assignments!" I complained.

"Yeah I thought we would have one today as well so I was disappointed about that," Amelia agreed.

"Yeah me too, it makes sense they want us to train still because we don't have as much experience but still..." Jenny said.

"So how are we going change that?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Kris asked back.

"We need to show them that we can handle the pressure." I answered.

"We probably shouldn't create chaos because then they could fire us, let's just volunteer really fast when they have a case assignment available." Jojo said.

"Kris also has a leg in with Tony. When are you seeing him again?" Kitty asked.

"I can always ask but I don't want to take advantage of the new relationship." Kris said.

"Yeah we know and you wouldn't be, but it never hurts to have one foot in the door," I said. "Also so we have been talking for the past 30 minutes about work. I texted Starlord back before this conversation started and he still hasn't texted me back yet. Does this mean he's over me already?"

"Be quiet!" They all yelled.

***

After a long day of trying to find the perfect outfit, I finally decided on the right one. I decided on a pair of white denim shorts with a black tank top and a Jean jacket to top it all off. Peter was coming to pick me up in ten minutes and I was getting nervous as heck.

"Sooo how do I look?" I asked.

"Aww you look so cute! Do you think it's a little casual? Because for my dinner with Tony I'm wearing a black, sleeveless tight dress." Kris wondered.

"Yeah I think it's alright. Peter said it's casual attire." I answered.

Ding dong

"That's him!" I squealed as I headed to the door.

When I opened it I was greeted to a well groomed Quil who was of course wearing the red leather jacket.

"My lady," he bowed.

"Hi Quil. So where are we headed?" I asked.

"That is a surprise but one that I'm sure you'll like." He answered as he walked me towards the aircraft.

"Won't it be easier to drive there?" I asked.

"Not where we are going." He answered.

"Wait before we go, I have to know. If it still on earth because I'm not dressed for another galaxy." I stated.

"Haha you'll be fine. Plus I'm more famous so most likely they'll be looking at me anyways out of the two of us." Peter joked.

"Rude! That's only because you stole my interview!" I teased back.

"Well I had to do something so you'll notice me!" He said.

"Haha that's cute of you to say. So where are we going?" I asked.

"Well you're just gonna have to sit back, relax, and enjoy the magic of imax," he joked.

"Haha no really, where are we going?" I asked seriously.

"You'll see," he smirked at me.

***
"Oh my fricken gosh! How did you know I was a huge Disney fan!?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Haha it wasn't that hard to figure out, I saw the Frozen two poster in your room and when I spent the night your pin book was on the coffee table in the living room." He answered.

"That's really thoughtful of you. So what ride first?!" I asked.

"Which one is your favourite?" Star lord asked.

"We got to go on Splash Mountain! It's so cute with all the little singing creatures and the great songs! It's my all time favourite ride." I answered.

"Great! lead the way," he said.

"Awesome! It's just past pirates of the Caribbean and the jungle cruise. Jungle cruise is also great but that's because of the corny jokes." I chattered excitedly.

"Uhh Tess," Peter said.

"What?"

"You might want to look behind you," he answered.

When I turned around I saw the worst thing ever. Instead of a great log ride I saw a huge closed sign.

"It's closed!?!" I shrieked. "And they are changing it to princess and the frog!"

"I always liked the music from that film, the New Orleans jazz is great," he said.

I shit him a death glare before he went on any further.

"Well there's no point even staying now since they took out the best ride there is," I whined.

"Oh Tess don't be like that, this new ride looks fantastic. Why don't we try out the guardians of the galaxy ride, I want to see how they mirrored my attractiveness." He teased trying to cheer me up.

I stopped in my tracks at that comment and poked up at him at disbelief. "Uh Peter you do realize we are in Florida at Disney world?"

"Yeah so?" He asked.

"They only have the guardians of the galaxy ride in California at Disneyland, we are in the wrong park." I answered.

"What! That's total bs!" He responded and threw a fake temper tantrum.

I couldn't help but laugh at our bad luck and his disappointment. It was cute in a sweet and almost heartbreaking way.

"So what ride do we do instead since Disney world lacks the best ride ever?" He asked sadly.

"How about we go on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!"

"Uh what?" He asked puzzled.

"You'll just have to experience the magic with me before you get my quotes." I answered as I grabbed his hand and ran towards Big Thunder.