Chapter 13: Party Time

The party was hosted at Stark Towers and Tony went all out for us. There were footman that greeted us as soon as we entered the building and everyone was making a big fuss over us.

"Tony! You really outdid yourself!" I exclaimed.

"You shouldn't have," Kris agreed.

"Of course I did! You guys were my team so I have to brag a little," Tony said.

"Don't you think the ice sculptures are a little much though?" Jenny asked.

"Oh my gosh I look so fat in mine!" Kris whined. "And for some reason they made me look like storm rather than carving my actual face!"

"Speak  for your self, I look fantastic in mine!" I stated.

"Yeah you look tough while rocking the power pose! I think they forgot to carve mine because they really played on my invisibility powers for it." Kitty said. "As in they didn't do it at all." The rest of the group chuckled at her misfortune.

"I'm sorry I really shouldn't be laughing!" Jojo said.

The black widow and Hawkeye walked up to us during our conversation. "Wow Stark you really pulled out all the stops for this party." Hawkeye said.

"Thank you, but it is all for my team," Tony said.

"Really? Because the biggest ice sculpture that's here is yours?" Natasha asked sceptically.

"Well ifyou have the money, might as well show it off!" Tony defended himself.

"Yeah but for who?" Kris teased. 

Tony went beat red for a moment before regaining his composure. Just before he was about to answer Thor walked up to Kris.

"My lady you look beautiful this evening!" Thor boomed.

Kris gushed as she rocked a sparkly maroon mermaid dress. Tony on the other hand went from the gracious host to grumpy old man in no time flat.

"Well I thought that I could introduce your team to the press and some of the team you didn't get to work with," Tony said while regaining his composure.

"Sounds like a good plan, I'll come with you Kris as your date," Thor said.

"No no, this little tour around the building is for my team only. No gods allowed." Tony stated while grabbing Kris' hand before leading her and our group away.

Thor was taken aback at first but he played it off well. Tony paraded us around the building like we were Disney princesses. He kept talking us up and we all got to do individual interviews for People magazine.

"How did it go?" I asked Jojo.

"It was so cool! I felt like a real celebrity," he answered.

"Don't count me on this, but I think I might have saw Scarlet Witch checking you out," Jenny said.

"Really? Should I go talk to her again?" Jojo asked.

"Yes! But maybe don't start the conversation with Do you like Jazz again?" I teased.

While Amelia was doing her interview Kris came up to talk to me while I waited for mine.

"So are you going to tell Starlord that you love him?" Kris straight up asked me.

"Pfft what! I don't love him," I said turning beat red.

"Who does Tess like?" Tony asked.

"No love, not like," Kris corrected.

"Damn baby be cool! Plus I don't love Starlord! He's an arrogant, pompous, know it all," I started to say.

"Ah Tess," Kris interrupted.