Chapter 2: Kris

"So before I tell you what groups you are in I'm going to give you all a tour of Avengers Tower. This building while be your home for the remainder of your training and for others it'll be your forever home. Now follow me!" Pepper motioned.

We all got up and started following her. The building so far was amazing and all I've seen was the lobby and the orientation room. I was looking forward to seeing the other rooms where I could further developed my powers and see the ones my sister has been holding out on.

"Hey do you think that Tony and Pepper are still together?" Kris asked breaking me out if my bubble.

"No I don't think so. On the plane from Canada to Paris he kept on talking about his break up and how awkward it is to still work together." I answered.

"Actually I heard that this was Peppers last day." Someone with a British accent said behind us.

"I'm glad because he's hot!" Kris said.

Our new friend and I just laughed at Krises comment. "I'm Tess by the way, and my boy crazy sister over here is Kristy." I introduced us.

"But everybody just calls me Kris! And you can call my sister Tessie." Kris laughed.

"Haha no! My sister came up with my nickname years ago and I've been trying to shake it ever since!" I whined.

The new girl chuckled and smiled. "Well I'm Kitty and it's nice to meet people with the same interests as me. Cute boys."

"Yass Queen! I knew I was going to like you." Kris exclaimed.

"So what are your guys powers?" Kitty asked.

"Yes Kris tell us!" I said.

3 months ago

Kris POV

"Ugh I'm exhausted!" I said in a tired state.

"Yours exhausted! I just survived Victoria Falls. Or rather I didn't but hey I can't die apparently!" My sister Tess said freaking out.

"Look, I know this is all new for you but think how lucky you are! You can basically never die and I bet you don't age anymore!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah I know but it's still weird. I'm basically a younger, female, and better looking version of the Wolverine!" Tessie said jokingly.

"I still can't believe you turned professor X down! Why?" I asked.

"I don't know it just didn't feel right. The X-men are cool but I'm not in high school anymore. Plus it was an opportunity for me to take classes that are not part of the career path I want to be on. If I was on the avengers I would actually be fighting and getting the opportunity to incorporate my nursing skills you know?" Tess reasoned.

"True and I will respect that. But it would have been cool to meet the Wolverine." I said.

"So true! One day!" Tess laughed.

"Well, even though I didn't just dive off of Victoria Falls, the drive back to Malawi exhausted me. I'm heading to bed. I have an early flight back to Paris and you have an early one back to Canada. But this was a great last adventure before we started our next year." I said.

"It sure was see you in the morning!" Tess said.

It's always hard to separate but it's easier when we know that we are going back to a place we both love and into a field we both are interested in. I'm a history major and there is no better place to get a history degree then in the city of Paris. Plus the French boys are cute.

***
It has been one week since I've been back in Paris and I've had the worst mood swings lately. Everything gets me so charged up and I feel like I'm going to explode. I don't understand why but I have to get it under control.