Chapter 20: I Gotta Go My Own Way

3 years have gone by since the battle with Loki and Jen. In the past three years our team of six have gone on many missions to other galaxies. Whenever we get back to the avengers towers we have our side projects or training that we engage in.

Amelia has been doing lab work with Bruce which she has been loving. She has developed a huge crush on him but she will never admit it. Captain America finally asked Kitty out. And it's working out well because she always wanted to work out more and he has been doing weight training with her. They always workout together and they have been going strong since in the past couple months.

Jojo and Jenny mostly just focus on new missions and working on projects to help the good of society. Unfortunately for Jojo Vision beat him to the punch to ask Wanda out. He took it really well and has decided to stay focus on work and not relationships at the moment.

Kris and Tony actually ended up getting married a year ago. The wedding was a blast. Tony of course had an open bar and a huge dance which our dad was not thrilled about. Everyone stayed up all night dancing. I thought Star Lord was going to propose but he did not at this time. We are still going strong and everyday I am with him, I fall for him more and more.

***

"I cannot wait to get back home!" Kris exclaimed.

"I know me too. This was a good mission but I miss seeing Steve." Kitty agreed.

Our team just finished our last mission for about 3 months. We haven't done something as extreme as save the world from Loki but we have been on a lot of missions where we gather valuable supplies for the rest of the team.

"Oh please, you just miss feeling his biceps!" I teased.

"Uh I think that's you who always asks to feel them," Kitty joked back to me.

"True, I do ask to feel them a lot for someone who is not his girlfriend. I can't help it! I've always been a texture person! And it makes Starlord jealous in a cute way. I like to see him get all masculine and manly." I joked.

"You know I never got what you saw in him. He's no Flash," Jenny mumbled.

"He's so funny! And cute in a romantic way. I love him a lot but I'm not sure when we are going to take the next step. I'm ready to get married but I'm not sure he's emotionally mature for that yet." I answered.

"Marriage is great, sex every night if you want. What more can I say." Kris stated flat.

"Ew! Stop I don't need to hear that!" I yelled covering my ears.

"Well I for one can't wait to get back to the lab." Amelia said.

"Amelia and Bruce sitting in a tree! K I S S I S S I P P I" I teased.

"Real mature Tess," Kris said.

"What? We were all thinking it." I said.

"We are just about to pull in, let's get ready for landing," Jojo instructed.

"Thanks captain obvious," I mocked.

"You suck!" He joked back.

Our group has gotten really close in the past few years. We have formed our own little family. Even though I love these guys, I really miss Peter when I'm gone. Amelia landed our space ship with a smooth landing. Tony was there with a big bouquet of roses for Kris.

"Tony! You're so sweet! You shouldn't have!" Kris said.

"Of courses I did, you guys were gone for a while." He said back.

"Hey Tony! Where's Pet-

But before I could ask I was interrupted with Bruce Springsteen Cover Me blasting throughout the whole room. When I turned I saw Peter and the rest of the guardians on a stage performing with a big banner that said "Welcome home Tess!" I ran over to him and jumped into his arms giving him a big hug and a long, missed, passionate kiss.