Chapter 10: Last Training Session

After our success at Disneyland our team just became stronger and stronger. We got quality training from the mentors and we all further developed our skills. Two weeks has now gone by and we were heading to our last fighting session with Captain America. For my last session I just learned and completed the entire fight sequences from the Matrix. After training I headed out the door and I saw Kris running towards me.

"Tess look! You remember my second one-on-one training session in the lab with Tony and Bruce?" She asked.

"Yeah I remember you went to that. Did they give you some cool device to control your powers?" I asked in return.

"I got this machine that looks like a tacky bracelet from a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie! This bracelet allows me to create lightening bolts!" She answered.

"That's amazing! Kind of like Zeus?" Jojo asked.

"Yeah! I haven't got the full hang of them yet but Thor said he that I can come to him with any questions." Kris exclaimed.

"What do you think we will actually learning in our last session with Captain America today?" Jenny asked.

"I'm not sure but I hope he wears spandex, kinda like the ones he wore when he was in New York." I said.

"Shhhh not so loud! He just heard you!" Jenny hissed.

"Don't shush me! Plus I'm not embarrassed to admit he looked hot in those," I said. "What? I asked.

My teammates all stared at me with a horrified expression on their faces.

"Well I'm happy to know that my team remembers my wardrobe over the years. Let's hope you will remember the fighting techniques I taught you and not just how my butt looked in spandex." Steve said right behind me.

I quickly turned around and a crimson red crept onto my face. "Oh my gosh I'm sooo sorry!" I apologized.

He chuckled to himself as he walked away to set up the training room. "Haha don't worry about it. Now let's get on with our final training session. For our final day of training I personally am going to fight with each of you and see how long you last before surrendering."

"Someone's pretty cocky. He just assumes that we all will surrender." I whisper to Kris under my breathe who just smirked at me.

"Ahem, was that something you wanted to share with all of Tess?" Steve Rogers asked.

"No sir." I answered suddenly quieting down.

Captain America turned towards the rest of the group and finished explaining the rules. "Your goal is to last at 3 minutes in this fight using the maneuvers I taught you. And Tess." Captain America said to me.

"Yes captain." I said.

"You have to last at least 10 minutes before giving up because of your powers." He said.

"Challenge accepted!" I exclaimed.

"Now Amelia, you're going first."

One by one my whole team went to fight Captain America. So far everybody was able to last the entire three minutes but not much longer than that. Amelia and Jenny weren't able to last the three minutes though because their powers had more to do with technology. But Steve did say that they lasted an impressive amount of time using the fighting skills he taught us so overall our team was doing great. I was the last one to go, and I was terrified.

"Tess, it's your turn." Steve said while pointing to the spot I was suppose to stand on the mat.

The first couple seconds captain America was totally beating my butt. But every time I got hit my body would rewire itself and I knew exactly what punch he was going to through next. The fighting match lasted longer than the initial 10 minutes and about 15 minutes later I was totally going to beat America before he surrendered.

"That's it! I'm worn out! Overall you guys did really well in all your combat training and you guys won't have any problems going into your final simulation. Let's go Team Alpha super awesome cool dynamite wolf squadron!" Captain America exclaimed.

"You actually called us by our proper name!" Kris said is disbelief.

"I know! I'm so proud," I said sarcastically.

"Well I thought for the last session I could make an effort to call you by your team name. Now go get ready for your final simulation test." Captain America said.

After we had a brief lunch break we headed towards one of the training rooms to find out what our final simulation was. When we got there we were surprised to see Stark with a concerned look on his face while he was talking to a raccoon.

"What's going on?" Jojo asked.

"Well I was just about to get you guys ready for your last practice mission when Rocket came in with some interesting news." Tony answered.

"Interesting?" He said in a sarcastic tone. "Why it's terrible news?!" Rocket exclaimed.

"Okay can somebody explain what the heck is going on?" Kris asked.

"Well I was on board my ship with the rest of the guardians when all of a sudden we were ambushed by the Collector himself! All of us were trapped and put into clear cages that were impossible to break from." Rocket started to explain.

"If it was so impossible to break out, how are you here?" I interrupted. Rocket just stared at me, almost like he was offended that I underestimated his skills. "What? I'm just asking." I said defensively.

"Because everybody knows that I'm the smartest guardian, that's why!" Rocket answered.

"Sureeee, that's why," Kris said rolling her eyes.

"Anyways, after I escaped my imprisonment I thought I would get the ship first and then come back to rescue my team. But there was just one problem, it requires human hands to go anywhere in that place! I couldn't access the cellar which contains all the electrical wires. So I came here hoping that Stark would have a few people that would be able to help me free the guardians." Rocket said.

Tony had a pensive look on his face. After a couple seconds he looked toward our team. "So what do you think?" He asked.

"About What?" Kitty asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jenny stated.

"For your final mission you guys will go with Rocket to the Collector and save the Guardians of the Galaxy. I know it's not a simulation lab like everyone else but what do you say? Are you up for the challenge?" Tony asked.

Our whole team looked at each other with the exact same look on our faces. "Mission Breakout here we come." I stated.