Chapter six: Group training/bad blood

After that shocking interaction I left the training room immediately to meet up with my group. "Guys you wouldn't believe what just happened!"

"Is it about your first training session with your mentor because I can assure you, mine was worse." Kris said.

"I seriously doubt it and I just found out that they are only recruiting one team out of us all to actually be part of the Avengers! The rest will be like understudies!" I exclaimed.

"What?! How did you find that out?" Jenny asked.

"I'll tell you as we walk over to our first group training session." I said.

"So I ran into this girl as I was leaving my one on one and she recognized me for my Victoria Falls incident. Afterwards she said how her team was going to beat us and basically already packed our bags!" I exclaimed.

"What! How dare she threaten us! Now we will show her whose boss by beating them in every single group simulation." Kitty said.

"Well it will just force us to work harder which may actually be better for us." Jojo said.

"Ugh, this is why I work in the lab because then I don't have to worry about these conversations!" Amelia said.

"Well my training session may not help our situation. I kinda hit Thor in the chest with my lightening bolts and he was unconscious for a few minutes... whoops," Kris admitted.

"What! How?" Jojo asked.

"It just happened and now we are going to the science lab tomorrow to figure out how to control it more." Kris answered.

"So you are who Tony was talking about! He mentioned that we would be working with someone tomorrow but I didn't know who," Amelia realized.

"I'll be there as well so it'll be one big party!" Kitty exclaimed.

"Wait how was yours worse Tess?" Jojo asled.

"Because I have two mentors and the other one is Wolverine and it was so awkward at first!!! But we talked so it should be better tomorrow." I said.

"Oh my gosh that would be weird!" Kris said as we walked in to our next training room where we were greeted by Captain America.

"Oh my goodness I think I'm in love!" Kitty sighed as she entered the room.

"Morning team Stark-

"We are not team Stark! We are trying to come up with a better nickname than that." Jenny exclaimed.

"Go team Dynamite!" Kris exclaimed.

"I thought we agreed we would go by the name of team super cool." Jojo whined.

"I recall that it was team awesome," Amelia said.

"I voted for team alpha wolf squadron," Kitty said.

"Alright alright! From this moment on we will be known as team alpha super awesome cool dynamite wolf squadron!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah... I'm just going to go with team Stark but you guys can go by the big long fancy name. I'm going to be teaching you guys fighting skills so that you'll be ready for the field."

We started at 8:15 and went to 12:15. It was four hours of going over the basics and started to get into war techniques.

"That was a great first class now we will be training together like this everyday for the remainder of our two weeks together. Good work today team Stark!" Steve Rogers said.

We all groaned at the name as we left the session. Now we had lunch back at the apartement/checkin with Tony. Once we got back we all collapsed on the couch.

"I'm exhausted!" Kris exclaimed.

"I don't think I'll ever move my limbs again!" Kitty groaned.

"That was torture!" Jojo agreed.

"That wasn't too bad," I said.

"What?!" They all shrieked while staring at me.

"Like it was physically hard work but I'm not more tired than I usually am." I responded.

"That's easy for you to say! Your powers are adoptive muscle memory so you don't even have to practice those moves again tonight!" Kris whined.

"I'll help you later this week to make sure we are strong as a team." I said.

"Just you wait until we get in the lab, then my powers will be proven valuable!" Amelia said.

"So it looks like training went well," Tony said sarcastically.

"We are just working out the kinks, but tomorrow we will be stronger than ever!" I said enthusiastically. Hopefully he wouldn't think we couldn't handle the load. I want to prove that smug Jen wrong!

"Speak for yourself! I feel as though I'll never walk again and we have more training in an hour!" Kris exclaimed.

"Well I just came over to inform you guys that you have your first huge group simulation tomorrow. You will be dropped in a public location and part of your task will be to make sure that your cover will not get blown. For the rest of the day the whole training team will be in the same lecture/class to get you prepared for a bit of field work. I'll see you all there in 30 minutes!" Tony informed.

"Great now we will see Jen again!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

"But this gives us the opportunity to give her a piece of our minds! And we can show her in today's training whose the better team!" Kris stated.

***
It was 1300 when my team arrived to the orientation room. When we arrived, all of the avengers we lined up at the front and each team was marked off based on our team name.

"Oh no!" Jojo whined.

"What?" Amelia asked.

"They got our team name as team Stark! I guess we forgot to submit teal Alpha super awesome cool dynamite wolf squadron!" He answered.

"Wait we were serious about that name?" Jenny asked.

"Dixie chick serious." I answered.

"Well I don't think there's an sense worrying about your lame name when you won't even be around long enough to make the team." Jen aka the super rude competitor said to us.

"Oh so you must be Jen! Why don't you go bother somebody else?" Kris said started to get pissed off.

"I would, but it's seems like my team got assigned to the chairs in front of you. Guess that makes us in the front row and you guys in the second row. And everybody knows that the people in the front always get picked or noticed. Just like how Oscar winners always sit in the front row." Jen said in a super stuck up voice.

"Why you little-

"Kris! Don't make a scene! Tony is about to start talking." I said before Kris got into any real trouble.

"Greetings everyone! Welcome to your first and only group session like this. The reason we wanted you all together today is so that everyone is on the same playing field when it comes to tomorrow simulation which will be an all day event after your morning training. Plus this way we can see which team will rise up to the occasion tomorrow. Now let's get started. Clint! Natasha! You are up." Tony said.

"Hello everybody! We are going to talk about what a typical battle field with lots of chaos and destruction will look like." Natasha said.

"You know, Natasha looks a lot like Scarlett Johnson. Actually come to think of it, so do you guys." Jojo said to Kris and I.

"What? Really?" I asked.

"I see it now!" Kitty agreed.

"Awesome!" Kris exclaimed.

Clint and Natasha mostly talked about the dangers we would all come across. These included areas with mass population and what we would do to complete our job but also save as much human lives as possible. Then after that there were stations around the room and each room got assigned to a station and made their way around all the stations which would conclude our time.

Our group was starting at the flight station.