Patrolling

Hello, lovelies!
Yes, I'm sneaking in an authors note at the begining at the chapter this time, just because I wanted to make sure y'all read it.
Happy new year! I love and appreciate all of you, stay safe and follow all the safety precautions ❤️

* * *

I am really enjoying my time with both of my arms again.

It's nice to have them both back. I'm jumping from tree to tree, enjoying the freedom from the binding-free world, making sure to use both of my arms whilst doing so, I'm never going to stop appreciating the fact that I have two working arms.

"WoooHooo!" I yelled in enjoyment whilst jumping off a tall tree, and then hooking my blade on another one just before reaching ground, and swinging myself up again. Suddenly I started to feel some pain in my side "huh, that hasn't happened in a while" I said to myself and decided to land on a branch.

It was my old stab wound, I guess it hasn't healed all the way yet. But it isn't too bad of a pain ether, so I just shrugged it off "guess I can't go all out just yet" I said to myself and looked around the peaceful forest.

We have been staying in this place for two whole days now, honestly, I think we should leave as soon as possible, but I don't think the others are going to be too happy about that. I let out a sigh.

"Hello there, Y/N!" I hear an all too familiar voice behind me. It was so sudden it made me jump. I quickly turn around to see a smiling Rayla standing infront of me.

"Oh, hello there, darlin-, I mean Rayla" I quickly corrected myself, I was so caught off guard by her that I couldn't get my thoughts straight at first, so I blurt out the first thing that came to mind, I just hope she didn't catch up on it. I felt slight blush on my cheeks from the possible embarrassment.

"Are you alright?" She tilted her head at me, I turned away a bit.

"Yes, I'm good! I was just about get back to others!" I said trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Alright then" she said and turned away to leave, I turned back to face her "see you there then" she paused and looked at me with a smirk "darling" she said with a wink, and jumped to another branch In the direction of the camp. I just stood there, feeling my face slowly heat up more.

How am I supposed to live normally after that?

After I got out of the shock and could actually move, I just shook my head "pretty sure I just imagined that" I said silently to myself "right?" I asked and looked in the direction where Rayla went.

"I really didn't expect her to be the flirt in the relationship" I pouted to myself and took out my blades and made my way to the others.

I stopped at the edge of a small hill, the others were having breakfast at a table right next to it. Rayla was having a conversation with them, I guess I missed some bits of it because the first thing I saw when looking at everyone was Rayla doing jazz hands.

"And how's everyone else doing today?" She asked with a happy tone.

"Great!" Callum said.

"Amazing!" Ezran exclaimed.

"Really good!" said Elis.