The encounter with the bad man

I woke up from a rustling sound in the bushes. I sat up straight and started searching around for anything suspicious or out of place.

Everyone else was still asleep, except for Rayla, who was nowhere to be seen. The rustling sound must-have been her. I decided to check it out anyway.

I walked towards the place where I heard the sound coming from. I was still a little bit careful because I didn't know for sure that that was Rayla. I had my grip tightened on the handles of my blades. I went through some bushes as quiet as I can untill I saw a figure through some leaves.

I pushed the leaves aside a little bit to see who it was. It was Rayla, she was kneeling down and....talking to her self? I moved a little to the side to see who or what is she talking to. As I moved more I could see that there was a little fawn in front of her "hey there, little bud" she said reaching slowly to pet his head. The fawn allowed her and leaned little bit into the touch.

Man, did they both look adorable. I was looking at them both too carefully that I didn't notice the rock beneath me as I took another step. I tripped and fell through the bushes onto the ground on my back not so far from Rayla. The fawn was so startled it ran away, and Rayla quickly shot up and aimed her blade right for my head.

"Stop! It's just me! It's just me!" I said waving my arms above me. I felt my face heat up a little from the amberassing situation.

"(Y/N)?!" She said and laid down her weapon. "What the hell?" She said and let out a little giggle.

"Uhhh...Jumpscare?" I said akwardly and Rayla just laughed.

"Sure thing" she playfully rolled her eyes and reached out her hand to help me up. "So, what were you doing in the bushes? I know you weren't there to scare me"

"I just heard a noise and, well, came to investigate, I understood that you made the noise and that everything was alright, but as I was about to go back, the rock monster got me and tripped me" I said and crossed my arms whilst smiling and looking away.

"Well, let's hope that there's no real monster out there" just as Rayla finished her sentence we heard someone coming from behind us. We both turned to look at the direction of the sound.

"Do you think the nice little fawn is back to say a proper goodbye?" I said jokingly and took out my blades and got into a defensive stance.

"Oh, let's surely hope so" Rayla said and did the same.

There was a silence for a moment. I was thinking that it might have been another false alarm. In the corner of my eye I saw that Rayla relaxed her grip on her sword and looked at me. I was still looking it the bushes where the noise came from. Suddenly there's a loud bang and I see a net going right for Rayla,  I wanted to push her away but whilst I was looking at her I didn't notice that there was another net coming for me. We were cought by the nets and we both fell down to the ground.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here" a male voice spoke, as I look up I see a pair of boots coming closer to us. I flipped on my back so I can see him fully. It was a human. "Catching a couple of elves isn't even that hard"

"Get the hell away from us!" I said and cut the net open with my blade that I still had in my hand, the other one was on the ground pretty far away from my reach. I jumped to my feet and pointed my blade at the man. In no time at all Rayla was standing next to me with both of her blades out.

"You both have quite the fight in you" he took out his grappling hook weapon thing, holding it in a throwing stance "too bad it's not gonna keep you alive for much longer" he said and launched the grappling hook in my direction.