Drowning

We continued our way on the water for quite a while.

I was just sitting in the boat whilst leaning back and looking at the sky. Rayla was clinging on to the side of the boat almost the whole ride. This girl really hates water, huh? That's kinda adorable.

Ezran was minding his own business and was talking with bait in the back of the boat.

Callum was fidgeting with his new toy cube, when he put the cube next to the primary stone, the sky rune started to glow. "Hey, guys!" He said excitedly "it glows!"

I groaned and looked at him and then at the cube. Rayla turned to face Callum as well.

"So what? It's a glow toy" Rayla turned her face away from Callum again.

Callum looked kinda offended by that comment, he looked at the cube and then looked at Rayla, and on his face I could see that he had some sort of idea.

He took the cube and found the moon ruin on it, then he slowly started to move the cube towards Rayla. The moon ruin started to glow.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rayla asked not even looking at Callum at the moment.

"N-nothing" he said getting slightly startled by Raylas voice. He took the cube away from her and looked at it closer "interesting" he said to him self.

I sighed "how long do we need to stay on this godammn boat?" I said a little annoyed whilst throwing my head back again towards the sky.

"Well, if you both really don't like water, I'd say that you'd rather stay in the boat for this one" Callum said with a little bit of shaking in his voice. I looked down from the sky and my eyes went wide. There was a giant waterfall right in front of us.

"Oh no no no no no no" Rayla said as soon as she saw the waterfall.

"Hold on tight!" Callum said as we were at the very edge of the waterfall.

We all grabbed the first thing that we saw, just not to fall in the water and hold ourselves in the boat. The boat started to go down the waterfall really quickly.

"Ok, ok, I admit that I'm afraid of the water! I hate it! Na-uh dooon't like it!!" Rayla yelled. I heard Callum yell as well, I didn't see him, because my eyes were closed the whole time.

When we got to the end of the waterfall, I started to search the boat if everyone and everything was still on.

"Can we leave the boat now?" Rayla groaned whilst still holding on to the side of the boat.

"Wait, look!" Callum said and held the cube close to the water, the water rune was glowing.

"That's weird" Ezran said looking closely at the cube.

"Yeah, that is weird and all, but your frog pet is gone" I said noticing that Bait was missing.

"Bait...Bait!" Ezran yelled whilst looking around.

"The fact that the water ruin was glowing must mean that there is something down there tha-" I cut myself off.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Callum asked curiously.

"Shut up!" I whisper-yelled and listened closely to the water beneath us. If I can concentrate, I can hear pretty much anything, hearing is one of my strongest senses. "There's something beneath us" I said and looked at the others a little panicked. "Something giant"

"There's bait!" Ezran said and went at the very edge of the boat. "C'mon, buddy! Come here, do your little doggy paddle!" Ezran said to Bait whilst demonstrating doggy paddle with his hands. When Bait was close enough to the boat Ezran picked him up and placed him in the boat. "There you go, buddy!"