Chapter 34- Sozin's Comet, Part 1: The Phoenix King

Katara, Sokka, Toph, and I sat on the front stairs watching Aang firebend.

"More ferocious." Zuko growls. "Imagine striking through your opponent's heart."

"I'm trying."

I looked up at Sokka. "Can I pierce your ears now?"

"No." He replies.

"But you asked me to last time." I whine.

"Because I was hallucinating on cactus juice."

"Please, it'll be just a little pinch."

He sighs. "Alr-"

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asked.

"Ooh, Ooh, me, me, me!" Aang replied running over but got stopped by Zuko.

"Hey, your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko." I spoke. "Just take a break. What's the big deal?"

"Fine." He say letting go of Aang. "If you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!"

"Hey!" I yelled. "I practiced today. Look what I learned." I said shifting the sun a bit.

Zuko growled, walking away.

"When'd you learn to do that?" Sokka asks.

"I just said today. Keep up babe."

"Maybe Zuko's right." Sokka says. "Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy."

"Speak for yourself."

"Hey!" Sokka yells at me.

"I know just the thing to change that, beach party!" He yelled pulling off his clothes and diving into the water.

We all got to the beach as I set down my towel and put on my sunglasses.

I watched as Sokka collected buckets of water and seaweed, back and forth.

I turned around to see what he was doing but he yelled at me not to look until he said so.

Toph and Aang walked over to us. "Try and top that, Sokka."

"Ta-Da." He said as we looked.

I couldn't believe my eyes. What was that?

"Is that a blubbering blob-monster?" Aang asks.

"No." Sokka growls. "It's Soul!"

My eyes popped out of my circuits.

Aang and Toph started laughing. "Soul we'll all understand if you break up with him over this."

I swallowed my thoughts. "I think it's sweet."

Sokka run over and kisses my cheek.

"But it doesn't even look like-" Aang was cut off as the sculpture of "me" got destroyed.

We looked up to see Zuko firing blasts of fire at Aang.

Sokka ran over to the sculpture, fixing it.

"What happened?" Katara asks.

"Zuko's gone crazy!" Sokka says. "I made a sand sculpture of Soul and he destroyed it! Oh, and he's attacking Aang."

I grabbed Sokka's hand as we all ran over to see Zuko get blasted off the house.

"What's wrong with you?" Katara asks. "You could have hurt Aang."

"What's wrong with me?" Zuko shrieks. "What's wrong with all of you? How can you sit around having beach parties when Sozin's comet is only three days away?"