Chapter 23- The Runaway

Katara and Toph were training Aang, who is blindfolded and must use seismic sense to detect their attacks.

Toph accidentally hit Katara in the chest with a rock which resulted to them fighting.

"Are we taking a break?" Aang asked lifting up his blindfold.

"Aahhh," Sokka screams running towards Aang with his hand in the air. "Sneak attack!"

Aang earthbended a rock towards Sokka. "Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud."

Aang and I turn our heads to notice Katara and Toph fighting in the mud.

"Soul, go to something." Sokka says pushing me into the mud.

"Really?" I scream throwing flame at him. He quickly ducks hiding behind Aang.

"Uh, guys," Aang spoke up. "I thought we were supposed to be training me."

"Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today." Katara says walking away.

"While Katara cleans up, let's go have some fun." Toph says.

"Yeah!" The boys cheer.

The boys, Toph, and I walked into town.

"Look at all those messenger hawks," Sokka said. "You know, I've been thinking about getting one for myself. That way, I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. I could just send them messages."

"I got to say, I like the idea of not talking to you." Toph says.

Sokka glared at her as I spoke up. "And who would you be talking to?"

"My dad, Gran Gran, and maybe Suki." He said.

I stuck my foot out and tripped him.

Toph laughed.

"So," Aang says. "What are we gonna get with our last silver piece?"

"We can get more money," Toph says. "Right there." She points to a group of people gambling.

Toph explained to us that she would be able to detect the pebble through her earthbending. We walked down to the table.

"You there," the dealer calls out to Toph. "Want to play a friendly game?"

"How could I possibly play?" Toph responds. "I'm blind."

"You don't have to see to be lucky." The dealer said.

Toph acted vulnerable walking over to the table. She placed the silver piece down as the man swished the shells around. We watched Toph pick the right shell.

"Flameo, Toph."

The gambler ups the ante, wagering Sokka's sword for 20 silver pieces.

I snatch Sokka's sword, placing it on the counter. "She'll do it for 40 silver pieces."

"Huh." Sokka gasps.

"40 silver pieces it is." The dealer says. We watched him swish the shells around again.

Sokka held onto my arm worried. Once again Toph picked the right shell.

"I won!" Toph shouted.

I quickly grab Sokka's sword and the silver pieces as we all bolt from the table.

We walked back to the camp, laughing with a bunch of food and money in our hands.

We threw the food at Katara, who was stirring some soup.

"Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" She asks.

"Toph got us money," Aang replied. "She scammed one of those guys in town who moves the shells around all sneak-like."