Chapter 10- The Library

After a lot of traveling, we finally had some time to settle down and take mini vacations. At the moment we were in the middle of no where. Aang had chosen this vacation spot, he said he wanted to show us something but all I was seeing was dirt.

"What's out here?" Sokka asks.

"A lot, actually," Toph voices. "There's hundreds of little-"

"Shh!" Aang hushed. "I know you can see underground, but don't ruin the surprise,  just watch."

Aang pulled out a flute and started playing.

"Uh? where did he get that?" I asked Sokka.

Sokka shrugged. "Beats me."

A small groundhog popped up from the sound of the flute. "Ha ha! Yeah!"

Aang played another note as multiple groundhogs poked out singing.

Aang thrwos his hands up in excitement. "I'm putting an orchestra together."

"Orchestra, huh? Well...la de da." Sokka pouts.

"Don't be rude." I mutter.

Aang kept playing as the groundhogs poked their head out on every note, singing. Katara giggled as Sokka started to get annoyed.

"This is great and all. But don't we have more important things to worry about? We should be making plans."

"We did make plans," Toph protested. "We're all picking mini vacations."

"There's no time for vacations."

"I'm learning the elements as fast as I can," Aang states. "I practice hard everyday with Toph and Katara."

"Yeah, he's been training his arrow off." I add.

Aang looked at me smiling. I returned the gesture.

"Yeah," Katara says. "What's wrong with having a little fun in our downtime?"

"Even if you do master all of the elements. Then what?" Sokka says. "It's not like we have a map of the Fire Nation. Should we just head West until we reach the Fire Lord's house? Knock knock! Hello, Fire Lord! Anybody home? I don't think so. We need some intelligence if we're gonna win this war."

Aang played one last note.

"All right. We'll finish our vacations and then we'll look for Sokka's intelligence."

Aang pulled out a map. "Your turn Katara, where would you like to go on your mini vacation?"

"How about the misty palms of oasis? That sounds refreshing."

"I'm with Katara!" I jump on her back as she catches me.

Aang laughs. "Oh, yeah, I've been there. It's a pristine natural ice ground. And I don't usually use the word pristine. It's one of nature's wonders."

We all got on Appa and rode to the misty oasis but when we got there the town itself looked poorly and the ice spring was so small.

"Must have changed ownership since I was here, hehehe." Aang giggles, walking away awkwardly.

As we walked into the building a group of men were standing outside.

"Ohh, I like your outfits," I say examining one of the men.

"And I like yours." He says looking me up and down and spitting on the ground which landed next to Sokka.

Sokka looked at him angrily as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the hut.

Sokka pulled me closer to his chest. "Stay close to me Soul, there's too many creepy guys here."

I roll my eyes but grin at his protectiveness.