Chapter 28- The Western Air Temple

"This is humiliating." I sigh.

"Do you mean getting throughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?"

"Both." I reply.

"Sorry guy," Aang says. "But Appa gets tired carrying all these people."

Sokka and I were walking next to The Duke. "I miss Pipsqueak." He says.

"I miss Soul, not being mad at me." Sokka replies.

"Hey," Toph says. "We're here. I can feel it."

"Uh," Katara scoffs. "I think your feet need their eyes checked."

"No," Aang says. "She's right, we are here."

We got back on Appa and flew down to the temple.

Teo, Haru, and The Duke started exploring. Aang began running after them but Katara quickly stopped him. "You guys go...I think we need to talk about some things."

"Why can't I go?" Aang asks.

"I don't know," I say. "Maybe that we need to decide what we're gonna do now and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this."

"Fair enough," Aang shrugs. "So what's the new plan?"

"Well," Sokka says. "If you ask me, the new plan is the old plan. You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes."

"Oh yeah," Aang scoffs. "That's great, no problem, I'll just do that."

"Aang," Katara says. "No one said it's gonna be easy."

"Well, it's not even gonna be possible. Soul, lost her bending, where am I supposed to get a firebending teacher?"

"We could look for Jeong Jeong." Katara suggests.

"Yeah, right. Like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again."

"Who's..oh, never mind," Toph says. "If it's important. I'll find out."

"Oh, well, guess we can't come up with anybody. Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" Aang says flying away on his glider.

"Aang," Sokka calls out. "I think we should be making some plans about our future."

"Okay," Aang responds. "We can do that while I show you the Giant Pai Sho table."

He lands back on the ground. "Oh, and you're gonna love the all-day echo chamber."

"I think that'll have to wait."

We all turn around to see Zuko. My heart legit dropped.

"Hello, Zuko here."

The gaang all stood in a fighting position except me, I was too shocked to do anything.

"Hey," Zuko says. "I heard you guys flying around down there, so I just thought I'd wait for you here."

Appa, happily greeted Zuko by licking his face, much to Aang's surprise.

"I know you must be surprised to see me here."

"Not really," Sokka replies. "Since you've followed us all over the world."

"Right..we'll..uh.." Zuko stumbles. "Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed and I, uh, I'm good now. And, well, I think I should join your group."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Oh," Zuko continued. "And I heard uh, Soul, lost her bending, so, I could help teach firebending to you two." He says to Aang and I.