Chapter 24- The Puppetmaster

The gaang and I sat around the campfire telling ghost stories. Earlier I tried to set up the campfire but my bending wasn't working, I thought nothing of it, maybe it was because I was in the cooler for so long.

Sokka told us a horror story about a haunted sword that failed to scare us.

"I think I liked the man with a sword for a hand better." Aang said.

"Water Tribe slumber parties must stink." Toph pouts.

"No, wait, I've got one," Katara says. "And this is a true Southern Water Tribe story."

"Is this one of those a friend of my cousin knew some guy that this happened to stories?"

"No," Katara says. "It happened to mom."

Sokka glares at her a bit.

"I'll be right back." I say walking over to Appa and grabbing my book from his saddle.

Chapter 15; The coolers

The cooler are, first and foremost, a means of firebender suppression. They are invoked as a punishment against unsanctioned firebending. They are designed, specifically to shut down firebenders who have toed out of line. For The Sun Spirits, they are a little bit more sensitive to coolers. If they are in there for to long, their bending might block and they would have to-"

"Hello, children." I hear a voice say.

The gaang all screamed except for Toph.

"Sorry to frighten you, my name is Hama. You children shouldn't be out in the forest by yourselves at night."

I look down from Appa's saddle seeing a creepy old lady. 

I hop of Appa and walk over to the campsite.

"I have an inn nearby, why don't you come there for some spiced tea and warm beds?"

"Yes, please." Sokka answers.

The lady smiles, showing us the way to her inn.

I smack the back of Sokka's head. "Really? Are we really going to go stay at some strangers inn?"

"Yes," Sokka says grabbing my hand. "Unless you want to camp out here, by yourself."

"Creepy lady's inn it is."

"Thanks for letting us stay here tonight, you have a lovely inn." Katara says.

"Aren't you sweet?" Hama smiles.

"Would you like some tea, dear?" Hama asked me.

"No, thanks, I don't drink tea."

"You know," Hama said sitting down. "You should be careful. People have been disappearing in those woods you were camping in."

"What do you mean, disappearing?" Sokka asked.

"When the moon turns full, people walk in and they don't come out. Who wants more tea?"

The gaang and I all look at her with blank expressions on our faces.

"Don't worry, you'll all be completely safe here. Why don't I show you to your rooms, and you can get a good night's rest?"

Hama showed us to our rooms. The place was too creepy, so I decided to get out of bed in the middle of the night and search for Sokka's room.

I slowly opened his door. He wakes up grabbing his sword. "I know Momo, this place is creepy. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to fall asleep. I wish Soul was here right now."

"I'm right here." I whisper through the door.

"Soul?" Sokka perks up from bed. "What are you doing here?"