08. Carlos

*Carlos*

I left the hospital 30 minutes ago leaving Juan with ginger leaving me 40 minutes to get home and get ready for school. When I pulled up into the driveway in my moms car I opened the garage and drove in slowly closing it after. Quickly I got out of the car and ran inside after unlocking the door. When I got up stairs I took my smelly shirt off and ran the shower after Closing the door I stood looking into the mirror then I grabbed the clippers and scissors from under the sink, it was time to say goodbye to my hair. The clippers buzzed loud drowning out the sound of the shower, I starting with the left side of my head feeling the hair fall instantly. It was time for change.

****

I parked in the student parking lot that was closest to the football field. When I got out of the car I was tackled but it was more like a hug tackle. I looked up to find Trents green eyes and a wide smile on his face. Looking at him with a confused expression I finally found my strength pushing him off and pick myself up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked checking my clothes to see if I had a any grass stains or something.

"Dude... what did you do, go shopping or something? You look... different." He folded his arms and leaned against my car.

"How can you not notice a haircut Trent?"

"Oh..." he attempted to touch my half naked head but I moved quickly.

"OK let's walk and talk I have things to do... now why did you tackle me?" I said while locking the car doors with the small remote.

"Oh.. oh yeah that, you were right you were so right about him. He's amazing!" Trent fangirled all the way to my locker,"I know I'm annoying you but I heard about what victor tried to do to Tonio. Michael got kicked off the team and couch says victors gonna be in Juvie for a while because his parent have some contacts. Wait, how is Tonio anyways?" Trent spoke while I grabbed what I needed from my locker.

"He's okay, just had a broke nose and four ribs. Its not fair that hes only getting time in Juvie"

"Yeah I know, he got victor good too. Jenny told me that when they found victor in the woods tied to a tree he had all types of wipes, bruises and his  arm was broken even worse than what you did."

"I'm guessing the whole school knows now." I said after closing my locker and starting down the crowded hall leaving Trent where he stood.

I didn't feel like talking much I just wanted this day to go by as quick as possible. Walking into my first period class all eyes were on me as I slowly walked to my seat.

"I guess we have a new student class." Mrs. Harley said when I sat down.

"No.. its just me Carlos, Carlos herra.." I said looking around the room at the many students who stared at me.

"Come here and bring me your I.D."she said fixing her glasses.

"OK I guess." I stood from my seat fixing my shirt and then I took my I.D. off and sat it on her desk.

"This is obviously not you in this picture young man."

"What the hell do you mean?" I raised my voice and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Please lower your to-"

"No, why the hell should I? I cut my goddamn hair get over it, stop staring and telling me I'm not who I am!" I Yelled soon noticing my tolerance for bullshit was low today.

"I suggest you go to your dean right now young man!"

I huffed and pulled at what hair I had left for a second then went back to my desk and grabbed my books. How are people so blind? I just cut my hair I don't look that different at all. I passed the boys bathroom but then I heard Tonio's name so I peaked in and listened.