04. Avoided

*Carlos*

I woke up in an empty bed cold and alone. A part of me wanted to regret last night, stereotypes or not I knew he'd do this even to his best friend. All he ever does is use, which made me feel special because he never used me like this until now. Though I shouldn't blame him because this one is on my part as well. I let it happen.

I let him. Willingly thinking that this was gonna change things between us, "Fuck!" I yelled and then sighed pushing my hair back. I sat on the edge of the bed wiping flakes of dried cum off my body and put my pants on then it soon occurred to me that I had football practice today. I never felt so alone on the team though I wasn't the only gay guy on the team. That at least placed a smile on my face when I thought about Trent because he was always there for me even though I didn't talk to him outside of practice much.

Maybe today I can make Tonio feel exactly like I did yesterday, maybe that would open his eyes. Telling him not to use people I thought the dare would make him realize it but turns out it made him worse. I stood after putting my shirt and hoodie on and ran home with my bookbag. I needed a warm shower and a hot breakfast. God my ass hurt.

It was only 6:28 a.m. so I had time but I didn't like the dark much. Arriving at the doorstep I unlocked the door quickly closing door afterwards.

****
*Tonio*

I went back to the house to see if Carlos waited for me as I asked in the note I left. To my surprise, he was gone so I left heading off to school.

My head was still blurred but I know what I did. I remember how good it felt it, felt like love I couldn't imagine myself doing that with anyone else which brings the thought of what I said to him yesterday.

I didn't know what I was thinking and I didn't know what to see him as my longtime best friend who kissed me after all the arguments we had when I was in a relationships and his reactions to my crushes I realize how blind I was.

He.... loved me all along.

I snapped out of the thought when I heard footsteps come closer from behind. I turned to see who it was and it was an angered Carlos getting ready to walk past me, Thinking I should say something but I waved with a smile.

"Fuck off..." he said finally making his way past.

What did I do? Did he not read my note? This is gonna make things worse by the looks of it.

I trailed behind him from a distance. I couldn't help but stare at him as I walked fast enough to see the back of his body clearly. What the hell is wrong with me? That question made my brain want to explode as it bounced off my skull.

Minutes later I arrived still trailing behind him to the locker that we shared. He started removing his stuff from the locker leaving me speechless.

I didn't know what to say.

"Carlos.." I managed to say before he closed the Locker causing him to finally look at me.

All I could do was stare until I felt a pair of beefy hands gripped my waist. Carlos slammed the locker closed and walked away fixing his varsity football jacket. I stood there for a second then I noticed Victor was touching me. I pushed him off and he pushed me back when one of his friends walked pass in the empty hall. I winced and my body became sore again.