17.☕

Zach⬆
*one month later*
*Zach*

I stood on Tonio's porch cold waiting for someone to open the door, god I wish I had my jacket. It wasn't snowing but it was really cold out today, I hate December and I hated the cold the only time I actually miss Texas is when this happens though that's not always true. I heard the sound of a chair moving across the floor then I saw the doorknob twist and the door flew open and then I heard the sound of a fall. I stepped in to see Juan on the floor holding his knee and a turned over chair. I closed the door and picked up the chair then knelled in front of him. He wasn't crying but I could tell it hurt.

"Are ya okay?" He peeked under is hand that was on his knee then he nodded. I helped him up then helped him bend his knee," better?" He nodded again, I was starting to get use to the fact that he really doesn't talk much and I was starting to notice that his was starting to like me.

"Toni's in the shower..." He finally said, he was pretty short for his age it made me feel as if I was a giant.

"OK then I'll just hang out with you, how does that sound?" He nodded then pulled at my hand, I followed the little guy towards the kitchen table where crayons, markers, glue, paper and scissors laid neatly on the table.

"Toni's birthday is coming." He started cutting a folded piece of paper into the shape of Abraham Lincoln's hat. I noticed how his hair covered his eyes couldn't really tell if he was looking at me or not.

"Yeah? when is it?" I asked, he shook his head and started to swing his short legs back and forth.

Juan wore a red long sleeve flannel shirt and a black shirt underneath with some vampire kid on it along with some blue jeans and a pair of red converse on his small feet. I was supposed to take them to the fitness center today then drop Tonio off at the cafe where he worked and also babysit. Ginger doesn't like the idea of me watching Juan but Tonio asked because I worked there and there's nothing she could do about it. At least he waited to do this after I got out of school. Though Tonio has to wait until tomorrow because they had to change his schedule along with victors. What was taking him so long anyways?

"I'll be back." I got up pushed the chair in the walked towards Tonio's room.

*Tonio*

I stood in front of the mirror trying to figure out how to hide my arms... Yes my arms, the sleeves on my work shirt were shorter than I thought and you can see each and every mark on my arms above my elbows. I don't want people looking at me weird.
I heard someone knock on my open door I looked through the mirror to see Zach standing there.

"When did you get here?" I turned kind of surprised.

"I've been here," he looked at his watch " almost 20 minutes now, what's goin' on?" Zach fixed his white short sleeved shirt that was tucked into some light blue jeans then stuffed his hands into his back pockets and walked in.

"The sleeves are too short." I pouted looking up at him.

"Well the shirt is black, do ya have a black long slee-" I cut him off and ran towards my closet and came out relieved, happy, excited so happy and excited that I could kiss him for being so smart.

Why arm my eyes closed? I peaked one eye open to see Zach's wide eyes, what the hell is wrong with me sometimes? Who the hell thinks about doing something while they're already doing it? Ughh, I feel even stupider.. Is that even a word? Stupider? OMG!!