19. Eve

*Tonio*
The sky was dark as it rained hard outside. I let the counter carry my weight as I leant on it with my folded arms watching as the rain flood the streets.

it was the only me working today and there were no customers, I considered closing up 20 minutes early until someone finally came in.

"Welcome to Bernie's Cafè?" I said my voice cracking slightly.

I watched as the man removed his rain coat and hood and then I realized it was Blake. He set his coat and hoody in one of the empty booths Then greeted me with a wink.

"Howdy sweet cheeks!" he said rubbing his palms together as he looked up at the many pictures of tasty treats above my head.

"I hope Zach didn't send you here..."

"I'll like one of those cream things up there," he pointed. I looked up to where he pointed then I put in his order then went over to the rotator where the pastrys were." well he didn't but... He is outside, sayin somin bout' you being pissed or some horseshit like that."

"If I was mad at him I would have probably punch you again."I said bluntly waiting for him to pull out the money he owed while I stood behind the register with his order in hand.

"You sure do have a nice right!" he winked and handed me two one dollar bills and the correct amount of change."Though I don't see why you are with that soft hearted cowboy out there. I can't read you, righty. But something tells me we have a lot in common" He frowned then he took bite of the cream cheese Danish chewing with his mouth open then a huge grin formed across his face.

"Of course you can't... I'm not a book genius." I started to wipe the counter once he had sat down. It was hard for me to believe that was his brother but when you look at them it hurts your brain because their so identical.

"Blake, why do you torture me? I swear I told you to not stop yet you did! He's probably pissed enough as it is!" Zach finally came in, hair wet and inraged.

"Well.." he cleared his throat, " You are the retard who's hiding from his boyfriend in his truck, he's not even pissed." Blake gestured towards me mimicking Zachs voice. Zach wore an offended expression and snarled at Blake.

"I do not sound like that!" they both said in unison.

I streatched, since my existence was not key at the moment I fixed my name tag then continued my stare out of the window. It was snowing and raining outside now and I realized that Christmas was approaching fast along with my birthday. I didn't even notice the decorations around the cafè, the greens, reds and white along with multicolored lights. It looks so simple.

"You look tired..."Zach slowly inched towards the counter watching every move I made as if I was about to snap at any moment.

"Buy two cups of Joe and get a free donut." Confusion ran across his face instantly.

"What's Joe?" he asked as I moved to the register. I tapped the buttons on the machine then held out my hand.

"3.25 please." still confused he slowly reached in his pocket and pulled out four dollars and 50 cents. I snatched the money out of his hand and then put the dollar and the 25 cents in the tip jar and the rest in the register.

He eventually looked back at Blake who shared a similar expression. I filled two foam cups with coffee, cream and sugar, placed a plastic lid on them and grabbed a random donut off the rotator which kept it warm.

"I've got to close up in a minute so meet me outside. We can talk later." with that I rushed them towards the door but Blake stuck his foot out before I could close the door all the way.