eight

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

In the quinjet, the team saw a blue beam of light reach to the sky opening a dark hole in the middle of New York City.

"Holy shit..." Nat trailed off as the Chitauri began to zoom out of the hole. "Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast."

"What? Did you stop for drive-through? Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Tony instructed, panicked.

The quinjet was in front of Stark Tower. They watched as Loki and Thor fought. All of a sudden Loki pointed straight at the jet and they were going down.

"Hang on! This landing won't be pretty." Clint shouted as Nat and him struggled to land the quinjet safely.

Diana and Steve quickly held on to the straps on the roof as they were being forced around. Once they landed, the ran out and onto the grounds of the city.

"We got to get back up there." Steve pointed out.

"If only I could fly again." Diana spoke under her breath in frustration. After being under wraps for a decade, she was detaching from her Wonder Woman self. This resulted in her to lose her ability to fly which she learned pretty recently in the 80's.

The four of them ran in the middle of Grand Central Station to see a massive creature, a leviathan, come out of the space hole.

"Oh Hera." They watched in amazement as they couldn't believe they would ever be seeing this happen. The giant leviathan flew right past them and close to the ground. To make matters worse, more Chitauri jumped out of the creature and onto buildings.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Rogers said his gaze traveling at the sights in front of him.

"Seeing. Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" He questioned as if he was going to ever show up.

"Just keep me posted." Stark said in a hurry.

"Diana, you think you could take those things down?" Natasha said, worried.

The warrior got ready. With all her strength her forearms met with each other, causing a huge golden wave of energy to go towards the leviathan. But it did nothing.

"Looks like I have to be closer to take the leviathan down." Diana said in defeat. 

There were explosions above them. Steve and Diana ran for cover as the situation got worse. They watched as the Chitauri flew by. With her quick eyes, the Princess saw the God of Mischief.

"Loki. He's on one of those flying things." She announced.

"They're fish in a barrel down there." Steve said, looking down at the hopeless civilians as more explosions went off. They needed help and Steve knew what he had to do.

Natasha began to fire at the Chitauri soldiers as they landed on a car near them. "We got this. It's good. Go."

"Do you think you can hold them off?" Steve asked.

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint answered as he go right to shooting his arrows.

"I'll go down there. You stay here with them." Steve turned to Diana.

"Alright. I know you can handle them but be careful. I can't lose you again." She grabbed his cheek and kissed him.

"You won't. I promise you." He answered and ran off.

★ ★ ★

"Just like Budapest all over again." Natasha said over the commotion.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently." Clint replied.

"Sounds interesting. You guys should share- I've always wanted to know what happened... but after all of this is over of course." Diana breathed out as she took out her sword from a Chitauri's chest. "would be a fun bed time story." She smiled.

As the Chitauri kept coming, the three kept fighting. Diana blocked the beams they were shooting at her with her shield. A few Chituari almost hit her from her unblocked side but she kicked a yellow taxi cab towards them, putting them all down. The other Chitauri were also brought down as she slide on her knees with her sword slicing through them. She saw Cap jump back near Clint, helping him out. Then lighting struck down, killing some Chitauri, then landing Thor.

"What's the story upstairs?" Rogers began.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable." Thor answered.

"Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys." Stark chimed in.

"How do we do this?" Nat questioned, out of breath.

"As a team." Steve declared.

★ ★ ★

Author's Note:

Kinda late but Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter  and also have a wonderful, successful year.

January 1, 2021